The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde - UPDATED REVIEW

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde  Genre : Classics Blurb (on back of book) : Oscar Wilde’s only novel is the dreamlike story of a young man who sells his soul for eternal youth and beauty. In this celebrated work Wilde forged a devastating portrait of the effects of evil and debauchery on a young aesthete in late-19th-century England. Combining elements of the Gothic horror novel and decadent French fiction, the book centers on a striking premise: As Dorian Gray sinks into a life of crime and gross sensuality, his body retains perfect youth and vigor while his recently painted portrait grows day by day into a hideous record of evil, which he must keep hidden from the world. For over a century, this mesmerizing tale of horror and suspense has enjoyed wide popularity. It ranks as one of Wilde's most important creations and among the classic achievements of its kind. UPDATED REVIEW MY OPINION : ****** I would like to start out this review by stating that this is undoubtedly m

Always and Forever, Lara Jean - Jenny Han

Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han
Genre: YA Realistic Fiction

Blurb (on back of book)Lara Jean’s letter-writing days aren’t over in this surprise follow-up to the New York Times bestselling To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before and P.S. I Still Love You.
Lara Jean is having the best senior year a girl could ever hope for. She is head over heels in love with her boyfriend, Peter; her dad’s finally getting remarried to their next door neighbor, Ms. Rothschild; and Margot’s coming home for the summer just in time for the wedding.
But change is looming on the horizon. And while Lara Jean is having fun and keeping busy helping plan her father’s wedding, she can’t ignore the big life decisions she has to make. Most pressingly, where she wants to go to college and what that means for her relationship with Peter. She watched her sister Margot go through these growing pains. Now Lara Jean’s the one who’ll be graduating high school and leaving for college and leaving her family—and possibly the boy she loves—behind.
When your heart and your head are saying two different things, which one should you listen to?

MY OPINION: *****

I LOVE THIS BOOK SOOOO MUCH!! I just recently was gifted this series from an awesome aunt (BTW HAPPY BDAY) and I love it!

I've already read the first two books and I will leave the links here and here and here :D There are updated versions and the original (first ones are original, and second ones are updated).

This is the third and final book of the series *teardrop*...

I loved it just as much as the first two books. Since it was mine, I even saved little marks inside of the book that I thought were funny or memorable. I loved how the beginning and end quotes are from LM Montgomery's Anne of Green Gables! I thought that that was pretty cool since it is pretty old and not well-known.

Here are some of the passages that I marked...

"How about whatever song comes on next, that's our song. It'll be fate."
"We can't just make our own fate."
 "Sure we can." Peter reaches over to turn on the radio.
"Wait! Just any radio station? What if it's not a slow song?" 
"Okay, so we'll just put on Lite 101." Peter hits the button.
"Winnie the Pooh doesn't know what to do, got a honey jar stuck on his nose," a woman croons.
Peter says, "What the hell?" as I say, "This can't be our song."

That was one of my favorite scenes in the book. Just so FUNNY for some reason. I'm weird, don't judge :D

Darrell says, "My boy's been planning this for weeks."
"It was so endearing," Pammy says. "He called me to ask what kind of pan he should use for the cake/"
Chris says, "He called me too. I was like, how the hell should I know?"

I just love that.

"The only reason I ever took chorus is because all the girls were in chorus."

Yup, that's just wonderful. :D

I have some more, but they are way too long to type out. And I'm not being lazy. They are like five pages long.

Anyways, those are some of my favorite quotes from the book.

I liked how Lara Jean was so much more mature in this book and independent. I like how she was acting a lot more grown-up. This book seemed very realistic about the trials and tribulations of high school relationships and moving on to different colleges. When Lara Jean was drunk and broke up with Peter, I was SO sad. I knew it was just not going to happen, but it really felt real and I was so sad. 

I liked Margot a lot more in this book. She was a lot nicer and she had a good personality. I did not like how antipathetic towards Tree (Is that the right word idk). Anyways, I didn't like how she hated the idea of change. I mean, everyone basically does, but Margot didn't have to be so NEGATIVE about it.

Kitty was a lot more grown-up in this book and I liked how she was really funny and more independent. I also like how she was so sarcastic and rude to her sisters, but yet still loving. I also like how she seemed to be better than Lara Jean at hair, fashion, and makeup.

PETER. I LOVED HIM. His personality was so funny and awesome and amazing and I just loved it.

Trina was a funny character because in the first two books, she was more of a minor character, but in this book she became more of a major character and we now we got to see more of their personalities.

Ok, so I'm going to cut it short there. I just LOVED this book so much!!!

I would recommend this book to YA readers who like contemporary romance novels.

This is my favorite book of the month...

So far.

Main Character: Lara Jean
Sidekick(s): Peter, Margot, Kitty, Dad, Trina, Chris, etc
Villain(s): College, moving on, change, etc
Realistic Fiction Elements: This book featured 100% realistic features.

Comments