The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde - UPDATED REVIEW

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde  Genre : Classics Blurb (on back of book) : Oscar Wilde’s only novel is the dreamlike story of a young man who sells his soul for eternal youth and beauty. In this celebrated work Wilde forged a devastating portrait of the effects of evil and debauchery on a young aesthete in late-19th-century England. Combining elements of the Gothic horror novel and decadent French fiction, the book centers on a striking premise: As Dorian Gray sinks into a life of crime and gross sensuality, his body retains perfect youth and vigor while his recently painted portrait grows day by day into a hideous record of evil, which he must keep hidden from the world. For over a century, this mesmerizing tale of horror and suspense has enjoyed wide popularity. It ranks as one of Wilde's most important creations and among the classic achievements of its kind. UPDATED REVIEW MY OPINION : ****** I would like to start out this review by stating that this is undoubtedly m

PS I Still Love You - Jenny Han

PS I Still Love You by Jenny Han
Genre: YA Romance/Realistic Fiction

Image result for ps i still love youBlurb (on back of book)Lara Jean didn’t expect to really fall for Peter.
She and Peter were just pretending. Except suddenly they weren’t. Now Lara Jean is more confused than ever.
When another boy from her past returns to her life, Lara Jean’s feelings for him return too. Can a girl be in love with two boys at once?
In this charming and heartfelt sequel to the New York Times bestseller To All the Boys I've Loved Before, we see first love through the eyes of the unforgettable Lara Jean. Love is never easy, but maybe that’s part of what makes it so amazing.

MY OPINION: *****

This is the second book of the book I reviewed last. It was definitely different, and I'm not sure which one I liked better. This book felt so different that it's way too hard to compare with the first one. That being said, I really enjoyed reading this book!

Lara Jean definitely matured a lot in this book from the first one. She was less whiny, more independent, and was much more older. She seemed like a completely different character. I liked it a lot more and this definitely boosted my feelings about Lara Jean as a character.

Margot was not in this book as much as in the first, and it definitely helped me to like her better in the rare times that she was. I feel as if her character was overwhelming in the first book, and slight in the second. I definitely liked this slighter feel much better, seeing as how I hated Margot, and now she's ok.

Kitty was so funny, as usual. I like how she had a real sense of fashion at such a young age. Kitty's character seemed so innocent, but also mature, if that makes any sense. She seemed to be smart, but also not at times, and it was really cool to watch her character experience the hard times in life.

Peter. NOPE Gen AWESOME AS USUAL. Except that he was SUCH a jerk for a while.. Or so we thought. STOP GOING BACK TO GEN. SHE HAS OTHER FRIENDS, like that Emily girl, that she could talk to. SHE DOESN'T NEED TO KEEP GOING BACK TO HER EX. She thinks she's so much better than Lara Jean, when in reality, she's NOTHING, and she's a big jerk. Well, you know what. That was a rant about Gen. SO...

Peter. Actually. He was so incredibly awesome. He was smart and determined, though I do wish he was more independent and just LEFT GEN. I mean, I understand that she was going through hard times, but that's what friends are for, not YOUR EX. There is a reason you guys are broken up, you know!

Those are the only characters I'm going to talk about today.

OMG, there was that scene in the hot tub. It seemed so innocent, and yet it became a BIG deal by the beginning of this book. Ummm, super unfair!! I definitely understand how Lara Jean felt, and also how sexist it is to just be rude to the girls, and not the guys. UMM RUDE. So yeah. Read it to find out.

I want to know who posted it. I know Gen sent it, but I want to know who POSTED IT. Who is the Anonyb**** user? Is it CHRIS??

I don't know. Would she be that mean? With this book, it's definitely a possibility.

So I liked how this featured John Ambrose McClaren. Peter being jealous was so cute and funny to read about. I also like how Lara Jean was so torn, but in the end SHE made the final decision.

The Assassins game sounds SO FUN!! OMG!

I cannot be the only one who LOVES how Peter and basically most of the guys call everyone by their last name!!! When John asks something along the lines of, "Who's your girlfriend?" to Peter, Peter answers by saying something like, "Covey. Didn't you know?" SO ADORABLE I JUST LOVE IT SO MUCH OMG OMG!

Yeah, I am hyperventilating. Let's cut this short. I would recommend this book to romance and YA readers.

Main Character: Lara Jean
Sidekick(s): Peter, Margot, Kitty, John, etc
Villain(s): Gen, change, etc
Romance/Realistic Fiction Elements: This book featured multiple romances and was all very real to life.


Comments