The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde - UPDATED REVIEW

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde  Genre : Classics Blurb (on back of book) : Oscar Wilde’s only novel is the dreamlike story of a young man who sells his soul for eternal youth and beauty. In this celebrated work Wilde forged a devastating portrait of the effects of evil and debauchery on a young aesthete in late-19th-century England. Combining elements of the Gothic horror novel and decadent French fiction, the book centers on a striking premise: As Dorian Gray sinks into a life of crime and gross sensuality, his body retains perfect youth and vigor while his recently painted portrait grows day by day into a hideous record of evil, which he must keep hidden from the world. For over a century, this mesmerizing tale of horror and suspense has enjoyed wide popularity. It ranks as one of Wilde's most important creations and among the classic achievements of its kind. UPDATED REVIEW MY OPINION : ****** I would like to start out this review by stating that this is undoubtedly m

Works Cited for Images Used in August; Goodbye August; Hello September!

Amazon
-The Housemaid

-Fourth Wing

-Red, White & Royal Blue

BOOK OF THE MONTH: Fourth Wing
HONORABLE MENTION: Red, White & Royal Blue

WHAT'S ON THE HORIZON
David Copperfield
Love, Theoretically
A Court of Thorns and Roses
The Art of War
The Marriage Portrait
Cloud Cuckoo Land
The Kite Runner

MUSIC/MOVIES/TV


I've recently been devouring the 50 Shades soundtrack. I don't like the films but the songs are so good. 
Dominic Fike has been the top #1 on my repeat for the past two months. Sunburn the song and album are so incredible. 
I really really love Ten Tonnes but I'm keeping him my little secret. He's currently at 95K listeners. I was here since 41K. 

I love Brooklyn 99 and I'm almost done. I'm going to start some random shows soon to play in the background of my homework. I've been watching a lot of man movies too to understand the male psyche. 



This month was wild. I was an orientation leader for the freshmen class so I started two weeks earlier than everyone else. Orientation week was CRAZY but so fulfilling and so fun. I also am taking five (5) classes, have three (3) jobs, and like four (4) organization leadership roles. It's a lot. I've been slacking on reading but I'm trying my best. I want to read more. My yearly goal is so far away. 

GOODBYE AUGUST
HELLO SEPTEMBER!

Comments