The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde - UPDATED REVIEW

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde  Genre : Classics Blurb (on back of book) : Oscar Wilde’s only novel is the dreamlike story of a young man who sells his soul for eternal youth and beauty. In this celebrated work Wilde forged a devastating portrait of the effects of evil and debauchery on a young aesthete in late-19th-century England. Combining elements of the Gothic horror novel and decadent French fiction, the book centers on a striking premise: As Dorian Gray sinks into a life of crime and gross sensuality, his body retains perfect youth and vigor while his recently painted portrait grows day by day into a hideous record of evil, which he must keep hidden from the world. For over a century, this mesmerizing tale of horror and suspense has enjoyed wide popularity. It ranks as one of Wilde's most important creations and among the classic achievements of its kind. UPDATED REVIEW MY OPINION : ****** I would like to start out this review by stating that this is undoubtedly m

Works Cited for Images Used in May; Goodbye May; Hello June!

Amazon
-The Mistake

-The Score

-The Goal

-Punk 57

School is finally done and I will have way more time to read this summer, which I'm super excited about! This month was a trainwreck of AP tests, finals, and finishing up my junior year which is why I read next to nothing. Hopefully next month is way less stressful!

BOOK OF THE MONTH: The Score

WHAT'S ON THE HORIZON:
The Crown of Gilded Bones
The One
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
East of Eden
Brave New World
The Lord of the Flies
The Importance of Being Earnest
The Scarlet Letter
The Chase
The Wall of Winnipeg and Me
Ugly Love
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer
From Lukov with Love

MUSIC/MOVIES/TV


I absolutely ADORE Olivia Rodrigo's new album, Sour, which has beaten 84932048234 records!
"Love Race" by Machine Gun Kelly and Kellin Quinn is superb.

I just watched the movie, Maurice, which I highly recommend, even though I found it quite sad.
In terms of TV shows, I'm mostly rewatching my favorite shows, like Elite, Reign, and Shameless. I did start Good Girls and How to Get Away with Murder, both of which I like a lot so far.


Goodbye May!
Hello June!

Comments