The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde - UPDATED REVIEW

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde  Genre : Classics Blurb (on back of book) : Oscar Wilde’s only novel is the dreamlike story of a young man who sells his soul for eternal youth and beauty. In this celebrated work Wilde forged a devastating portrait of the effects of evil and debauchery on a young aesthete in late-19th-century England. Combining elements of the Gothic horror novel and decadent French fiction, the book centers on a striking premise: As Dorian Gray sinks into a life of crime and gross sensuality, his body retains perfect youth and vigor while his recently painted portrait grows day by day into a hideous record of evil, which he must keep hidden from the world. For over a century, this mesmerizing tale of horror and suspense has enjoyed wide popularity. It ranks as one of Wilde's most important creations and among the classic achievements of its kind. UPDATED REVIEW MY OPINION : ****** I would like to start out this review by stating that this is undoubtedly m

Works Cited for Images Used in January; Goodbye January; Hello February!

Amazon.com
-Where'd You Go, Bernadette

Amazon.com
-Love & Gelato

Goodreads
-The Leaving Season

Amazon.com
-Lord of Shadows

Amazon.com
-An Ember in the Ashes

Goodreads
-This Raging Light

Pinterest
-Starry Night

Goodreads
-Everything That Makes You

I read 8 books this month to start off the year which is honestly more than I thought I was going to read. It's 2019 YAY

I just had my FIRST ever HIGH SCHOOL FINALS and it was hard to get good reading in. However, I did fine and I'm ready to start reading again!

This month was a load of GOOD books and a load of NOT SO GOOD books. I don't really know what's been happening but I've been going through a severe reading slump in which I've not been reading a lot and on top of that, the books I do read aren't the greatest. PLEASE RECOMMEND BOOKS

BOOK OF THE MONTH: Lord of Shadows
HONORABLE MENTION: Love and Gelato

WHAT'S ON THE HORIZON:
Queen of Air and Darkness (!!!! YAYAY)
The Boy Most Likely To
Learning to Swear in America 
Fahrenheit 451 (school read)
This is the Part Where You Laugh
Girl Meets Boy
Sky in the Deep

MUSIC/TV/MOVIES:
link to my January spotify playlist: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3jBQnAhNRwkBmepuI1r15B
AHHH I AM SO EXCITED FOR SO MUCH MUSIC

LIE TO ME by 5SOS just became a SINGLE AND THE MUSIC VIDEO MADE ME CRY AT LEAST 10 TIMES I HAVE WATCHED IT 4839203859028 TIMES and cried every time

Meet You There: Live by 5SOS brings back so many memories :)

AND 5SOS JUST ANNOUNCED THAT THEY'RE MAKING THEIR NEW ALBUM THIS YEAR OMGGGGGGG FJIJFIEOJFLIHIHFEKJLDJLA

ALEC BENJAMIN IS SO GOOD NARRATED FOR YOU is like the best album ever. LISTEN TO HIS MUSIC

Sunflower by Post Malone and Swae Lee is a bop.

AND BIG PLANS by WHY DON'T WE IS AMAZING

Also the remix of Without Me by Halsey with JUICE WRLD is godly.

i'm so tired by Lauv and Troye Sivan is the collab we didn't know we needed
blind by PRETTYMUCH is amazing

and YouTuber Joey Graceffa's album/EP is coming and I'm SO excited!


TV NOW

GLEE is the best show ever. I'm watching it over now and I'm on season 5 and I'm crying.
SHADOWHUNTERS is ending soon :( I'm so sad
ONE TREE HILL is old but good
GOOD TROUBLE is THE FOSTERS spin-off (my fav show) and it's going really well so far
THE MASKED SINGER is the new singing show that's actually kind of addicting
RIVERDALE is getting a little weird now...


SO yeah. That was a LONG rant but meh. :)

GOODBYE JANUARY (already!!)
HELLO FEBRUARY (YAYAYAYAY my favorite month!)

Comments