The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde - UPDATED REVIEW

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde  Genre : Classics Blurb (on back of book) : Oscar Wilde’s only novel is the dreamlike story of a young man who sells his soul for eternal youth and beauty. In this celebrated work Wilde forged a devastating portrait of the effects of evil and debauchery on a young aesthete in late-19th-century England. Combining elements of the Gothic horror novel and decadent French fiction, the book centers on a striking premise: As Dorian Gray sinks into a life of crime and gross sensuality, his body retains perfect youth and vigor while his recently painted portrait grows day by day into a hideous record of evil, which he must keep hidden from the world. For over a century, this mesmerizing tale of horror and suspense has enjoyed wide popularity. It ranks as one of Wilde's most important creations and among the classic achievements of its kind. UPDATED REVIEW MY OPINION : ****** I would like to start out this review by stating that this is undoubtedly m

Works Cited for Images Used in May; Goodbye May; Hello June!

Goodreads
-After the Fall

Goodreads
-How to Keep Rolling After a Fall

Simon & Schuster
-Forget You

Goodreads
-The Love Letters of Abelard and Lily

Amazon.com
-What to Say Next

Amazon.com
-A List of Cages

Amazon.com
-Hush, Hush

Amazon.com
-Yellow Crocus

en.wikipedia.org
-Thirteen Reasons Why

Goodreads
-The Dangerous Art of Blending In

Goodreads
-To All the Boys I've Loved Before

Amazon.com
-The Summer I Turned Pretty

Amazon.com
-It's Not Summer Without You

Wow, 13 books! A lot more than I was expecting!

It's been a good month. A lot of things happened, some good, some bad, but overall, I am happy to say that this month was actually a great month.

School is SO close to being done and then guess what, I'm going to be a HIGHSCHOOLER!

Man, that's scary. But also exciting!!

Because it's the end of the school year, I've had TONS of tests and homework and projects but I somehow found time to get a lot of reading done this month, which I am very happy and thankful for. Over this summer, I am definitely going to be reading a LOT more, though they'll be my light breezy SUMMER READS (And I would appreciate it if you would send in recommendations??) and romantic and fun and interesting and WOW Shorter Reviews.

I know my reviews are SUPER long and I'm going to try to get them shortened this summer. Maybe I'll start doing some other things here on iRead, maybe book recommendations, maybe movie adaptation reviews?? I don't know. I have a ton of ideas and I don't always like CHANGE but after a little more than TWO years (can you believe that) I think change will be a good thing.

Which brings me to my next thing to say:

TWO YEARS OF BLOGGING

Wow. That's amazing. Sometimes I do get a little tired of it and it sometimes feels more like a "job" than for fun but I really do love it. I love sharing my opinions on books that I read and just getting my words out there. Please be sure to check out my other blogs below!

www.iwrite2016.blogspot.com (in which I give a few handy-dandy writing tips for you all)

www.irandom2016.blogspot.com (my FUN blog where I do DIYs and Q&As and reactions and all this other fun stuff for you!)

www.littlemissrantsalot.blogspot.com (in which I rant and rant and rant about everything and anything)


And then we have to talk about my Wattpad.

I have been using it a LOT more lately and I have my entire first novel up there (though it is being rewritten RIGHT now and is being updated quite frequently). Please please please go check it out! It would mean the world to me!

@malaynaturally

I would try to link it but I'm not sure if it works so that's just my username. The story is called "his best friend" and is all up!

Please be sure to check that all out! Thanks so much! And goodbye May and HELLO JUNE!! SUMMER

Comments