The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde - UPDATED REVIEW

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde  Genre : Classics Blurb (on back of book) : Oscar Wilde’s only novel is the dreamlike story of a young man who sells his soul for eternal youth and beauty. In this celebrated work Wilde forged a devastating portrait of the effects of evil and debauchery on a young aesthete in late-19th-century England. Combining elements of the Gothic horror novel and decadent French fiction, the book centers on a striking premise: As Dorian Gray sinks into a life of crime and gross sensuality, his body retains perfect youth and vigor while his recently painted portrait grows day by day into a hideous record of evil, which he must keep hidden from the world. For over a century, this mesmerizing tale of horror and suspense has enjoyed wide popularity. It ranks as one of Wilde's most important creations and among the classic achievements of its kind. UPDATED REVIEW MY OPINION : ****** I would like to start out this review by stating that this is undoubtedly m

Works Cited for Images Used in October; Goodbye October; Hello November

hookedtobooks.com
-Anna and the French Kiss

usborne.com
-Lola and the Boy Next Door

Goodreads
-99 Days

accordingtoellen.wordpress.com
-Isla and the Happily Ever After

Goodreads
-Things I Should Have Known

Goodreads
-How to Love

Amazon.com
-Gossip Girl

Goodreads
-You and Me and Him

thanysthoughts.wordpress.com
-Divergent

ramblingsofawannabescribe.blogspot.com
-Keeper of the Lost Cities

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!

And here we are again, HALLOWEEN! COMMENT what you are going as or what your plans are! (I am going as a goth and I'm heading to a part-ay with my friends!)

So I read 10 books this month. That's not too shabby but I still want to try to read more next month. On my Goodreads schedule, I'm still 5 books behind so I do need to up my game. I went to Barnes and Noble and LITERALLY EVERYTHING in there is now on my to-read so I have a pretty able list.

What have I been doing? Musical theatre (our school is hosting SPAMALOT YOUNG @ PART, which is the musical theatre version of Monty Python and the Holy Grail), MATHCOUNTS (which is this math club where you can get scholarships if you win), DEF JAM POETRY SLAM (which is a lunch club where you share your poetry, short story, inspirational video, or art with the rest), and SCHOOL (sadly.)

I also have started to be VERY active on Wattpad and I have published one FanFiction and... wait for it... ONE ORIGINAL STORY (YAYAYAYAYAY). PLEASE go check that out! My username is @malaynamonkey2004 and the FF story link is Sophitz Forever and the ORIGINAL STORY LINK is My Best Friend's Lover! GO CHECK IT OUT!

I also have a BOOKSTAGRAM which is @a_reader_gurl! GO FOLLOW ME! I WILL ALWAYS FOLLOW YOU BACK NO MATTER WHAT!

I also have started a FictionPress which is basically just the exact same story from Wattpad but you're free to check that out if you DO NOT have a Wattpad (YOU DO NOT NEED A FICTIONPRESS OR FANFICTION ACCOUNT TO READ STORIES OR COMMENT) Here is my FP STORY IT IS ACTUALLY A LOT MORE POPULAR THERE

Okay, so that's it. PLEASE go check out all of the links and thanks!

READ

Goodbye October
HELLO NOVEMBER

Comments