The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde - UPDATED REVIEW

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde  Genre : Classics Blurb (on back of book) : Oscar Wilde’s only novel is the dreamlike story of a young man who sells his soul for eternal youth and beauty. In this celebrated work Wilde forged a devastating portrait of the effects of evil and debauchery on a young aesthete in late-19th-century England. Combining elements of the Gothic horror novel and decadent French fiction, the book centers on a striking premise: As Dorian Gray sinks into a life of crime and gross sensuality, his body retains perfect youth and vigor while his recently painted portrait grows day by day into a hideous record of evil, which he must keep hidden from the world. For over a century, this mesmerizing tale of horror and suspense has enjoyed wide popularity. It ranks as one of Wilde's most important creations and among the classic achievements of its kind. UPDATED REVIEW MY OPINION : ****** I would like to start out this review by stating that this is undoubtedly m

Lola and the Boy Next Door - Stephanie Perkins

Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
Genre: YA Realistic Fiction

Image result for lola and the boy next doorBlurb (on back of book)Lola Nolan is a budding costume designer, and for her, the more outrageous, sparkly, and fun the outfit, the better. And everything is pretty perfect in her life (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the Bell twins, Calliope and Cricket, return to the neighborhood. When Cricket, a gifted inventor, steps out from his twin sister's shadow and back into Lola's life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door.

MY OPINION: *****

This book was just as good as the first, if not better. Honestly, between the two I cannot decide which one I really like. I really like both of them.

Lola. She used to irritate me, what with the costumes and the sparkles, and the parading and stuff, but after a while, I got used to it and though  I never really got to appreciate her sense of fashion and style I did get to understand WHY she did what did. Also, her feelings for Max were so annoying. She had really never dated anyone before I don't think so how can he be the ONE?

Cricket. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE HIM. He was gorgeous, amazing, sweet, strong, brave, beautiful, perfect, awesome, etc. He was just the best and I love how he made his feelings so OBVIOUS which is unlike some people I know. WHY CAN'T THESE PEOPLE BE REAL?

Calliope. Even after the ending, I didn't love her. NOT A SPOILER. She was just rude. She wasn't even that annoying. She was just nosy, rude, and just plain mean. I really wish that she could have changed her character by the first 50 pages.

I. Hate. Max. HE WAS KILLING ME WITH EVERY HORRIBLE THING HE SAID. HE WASN'T AT ALL A SWEET AND ROMANTIC BOYFRIEND AND I HATED HIM. THAT IS ALL I HAVE TO SAY.

Cricket and Lola was such a cute couple. Cricket was adorable and I just plain loved him.

Am I the only one who was so MAD at Nathan and Andy? OVERPROTECTIVE PARENTS KILL ME WHEN I READ. IT IS TOO AGGRAVATING AND I CANNOT HANDLE IT

This plotline was very unique and very cool and I loved it. I also love how we get to see Anna and St. Clair. I heard that the third book there is a new character but all of them meet? I really hope that happens. But honestly, you DO NOT need to read Book One to read this one because it'll make sense just fine. It's a completely different story.

ANYWAYS, I hate to say this but I have to cut this short (I'm supposed to be doing homework). I would recommend this book to romance lovers!

Main Character: Lola
Sidekick(s): Cricket, Calliope, etc
Villain(s): Max?, love, etc
Realistic Fiction Elements: All of this could happen in real life.

Comments