The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde - UPDATED REVIEW

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde  Genre : Classics Blurb (on back of book) : Oscar Wilde’s only novel is the dreamlike story of a young man who sells his soul for eternal youth and beauty. In this celebrated work Wilde forged a devastating portrait of the effects of evil and debauchery on a young aesthete in late-19th-century England. Combining elements of the Gothic horror novel and decadent French fiction, the book centers on a striking premise: As Dorian Gray sinks into a life of crime and gross sensuality, his body retains perfect youth and vigor while his recently painted portrait grows day by day into a hideous record of evil, which he must keep hidden from the world. For over a century, this mesmerizing tale of horror and suspense has enjoyed wide popularity. It ranks as one of Wilde's most important creations and among the classic achievements of its kind. UPDATED REVIEW MY OPINION : ****** I would like to start out this review by stating that this is undoubtedly m

Antisocial - Jillian Blake

Image result for antisocial book jillian blakeAntisocial by Jillian Blake
Genre: YA Realistic Fiction

Blurb (on back of book)Alexandria Prep is about to be exposed.
Senior spring was supposed to mean sleeping through class and partying with friends. But for Anna Soler, it’s going to be a lonely road. She’s just been dumped by her perfect basketball star boyfriend—with no explanation. Anna’s closest friends, the real ones she abandoned while dating him, are ignoring her. The endearing boy she’s always had a complicated friendship with is almost too sympathetic.
But suddenly Anna isn’t the only one whose life has been upended. Someone is determined to knock the kings and queens of the school off their thrones: one by one, their phones get hacked and their personal messages and photos are leaked. At first it’s funny—people love watching the dirty private lives of those they envy become all too public.
Then the hacks escalate. Dark secrets are exposed, and lives are shattered. Chaos erupts at school. As Anna tries to save those she cares about most and to protect her own secrets, she begins to understand the reality of our always-connected lives:
Sometimes we share too much.
 

MY OPINION: ***

So I completely forgot about this book review...

This is going to be really short, as well as really poorly written. This is mainly because it's late and I have homework but I've forgotten about this for so long that I had to do it now. Also, I read it a few days ago, meaning that there are some things that I wanted to say that I will forget to say.

So this book was strange. I didn't LOVE it, I didn't HATE it. I honestly don't know how I felt about it. It was kind of an "on the side" book for me... I read it while reading more serious books. 

I mean, the characters didn't seem very real to me and the plot wasn't all that interesting.

Actually, TBH all of the characters were kind of annoying but maybe that's just me.

This book was about secrets being revealed. Someone hacked into the school's program server and revealed data from someone's phone. EVERYTHING: text, DM, Snapchat, pictures, etc

So basically everyone's phone gets revealed and friendships break and relationships end and all hell breaks loose.

I really wish that this book could have been more interesting in terms of plotline. Also, Jethro seemed like an unnecessary character. I mean, anyone else could have been the person who started it all. Also, in the end we don't really hear about him anymore and he falls off the edge of the earth and is legit non-existent until the last page.

I would recommend this book to realistic fiction readers.

Main Character: Anna
Sidekick(s): Rad, Nikki, Jethro, Haven, Palmer, etc
Villain(s): Hacking, suicide, computers, etc
Realistic Fiction Elements: All of this could happen in real life but I really hope it doesn't.

Comments