The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde - UPDATED REVIEW

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde  Genre : Classics Blurb (on back of book) : Oscar Wilde’s only novel is the dreamlike story of a young man who sells his soul for eternal youth and beauty. In this celebrated work Wilde forged a devastating portrait of the effects of evil and debauchery on a young aesthete in late-19th-century England. Combining elements of the Gothic horror novel and decadent French fiction, the book centers on a striking premise: As Dorian Gray sinks into a life of crime and gross sensuality, his body retains perfect youth and vigor while his recently painted portrait grows day by day into a hideous record of evil, which he must keep hidden from the world. For over a century, this mesmerizing tale of horror and suspense has enjoyed wide popularity. It ranks as one of Wilde's most important creations and among the classic achievements of its kind. UPDATED REVIEW MY OPINION : ****** I would like to start out this review by stating that this is undoubtedly m

We'll Always Have Summer - Jenny Han - UPDATED REVIEW x 5

Image result for we'll always have summer"We'll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han
Genre: YA Realistic Fiction

Blurb (on back of book)It's been two years since Conrad told Belly to go with Jeremiah. She and Jeremiah have been inseparable ever since, even attending the same college—only, their relationship hasn't exactly been the happily ever after Belly had hoped it would be. And when Jeremiah makes the worst mistake a boy can make, Belly is forced to question what she thought was true love. Does she really have a future with Jeremiah? Has she ever gotten over Conrad? It's time for Belly to decide, once and for all, who has her heart forever.

MY OPINION: ******

I love this book so much. The best part about this is that it never gets old. I'm a sophomore in high school and I'll probably reread them again next year. I would not be surprised if I read them every year forever and ever.

Jeremiah and Belly are a couple in this book for a large majority of it, which is my main problem with it. I am a hardcore Conrad and Belly shipper through and through and always have been. Conrad is just my favorite and always will be and honestly, Jere was so unlikable in this book.

Jere and Belly are supposed to be getting married, even though nobody really supports them, and the whole book is a lot of wedding-related stuff. Of course, I only lived for the cute moment between Conrad and Belly, but you know.

We also got Con's point of view this time which is always my favorite.

This book is just so adorable and I love it so much. I would recommend it to readers looking for a cute, quick, summer read.

Main Character: Belly, Conrad
Sidekick(s): Jeremiah, Taylor, etc
Villain(s): Cheating, early marriage, love, misunderstanding, etc
Realistic Fiction Elements: This book was very real to life.

Comments

  1. It sounds like a great book and makes me want to read it. Maybe you should check out my book reviews and they might inspire you like yours inspired me. Please leave me a comment on my book reviews.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment