The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde - UPDATED REVIEW

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde  Genre : Classics Blurb (on back of book) : Oscar Wilde’s only novel is the dreamlike story of a young man who sells his soul for eternal youth and beauty. In this celebrated work Wilde forged a devastating portrait of the effects of evil and debauchery on a young aesthete in late-19th-century England. Combining elements of the Gothic horror novel and decadent French fiction, the book centers on a striking premise: As Dorian Gray sinks into a life of crime and gross sensuality, his body retains perfect youth and vigor while his recently painted portrait grows day by day into a hideous record of evil, which he must keep hidden from the world. For over a century, this mesmerizing tale of horror and suspense has enjoyed wide popularity. It ranks as one of Wilde's most important creations and among the classic achievements of its kind. UPDATED REVIEW MY OPINION : ****** I would like to start out this review by stating that this is undoubtedly m

Anna and the French Kiss - Stephanie Perkins - UPDATED REVIEW

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Genre: YA Realistic Fiction

Image result for anna and the french kissBlurb (on back of book): Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris--until she meets Ã‰tienne St. Clair. Smart, charming, beautiful, Étienne has it all...including a serious girlfriend. 
But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss?

UPDATED REVIEW: *****

I LOVE THIS BOOK SO MUCH.

This is my second time reading it and it took me around two hours. AHHH I LOVE IT.

This is the CUTEST book ever. It's beyond cheesy and I LOVE IT. The characters are cheesy, they're in Paris, the most romantic place on earth, and it's beautiful. I don't know, I'm a sucker for cliche romance stories because honestly, if they were good enough to become cliches, then I have a right to love them. I don't think that made sense.

The first time I read this, I did not like Anna. I still think she was slightly stupid and very oblivious but I did appreciate her personality a lot more this time around. I loved her voice, her thoughts, her emotions, and I felt really bad for her and all of her guy troubles.

I always loved Etienne. OMG I LOVE THAT BOY. My friend calls him her dream husband and sometimes I have to agree. He's so cute and beyond that, he's genuinely NICE. He's sweet, he's hot, his accent is probably godly, and I honestly loved him. I somehow disliked how he was shorter than Anna but whatever, his personality made up for it HAHA. AHHH he's so cute and I can't stop fangirling!

When Anna called him Etienne versus when she called him St. Clair made me SO happy/conflicted because I LOVED that whole idea.

THE ENDING WAS TO DIE FOR. The whole thing with the poetry book and climbing Notre Dame and all of that was SO SWEET and I was in love with it. I definitely did not remember 90% of this book, considering I last read it 2 years ago, but I loved it all over again. It was like reading an amazing book all over again and not knowing anything about it.

Meredith made me want to punch somebody. I definitely still disliked her like I did the first time but I definitely understood where she was coming from a lot more this time around. And Josh and Rashmi seemed like they could have endgame but I guess not? And Dave was a jerk-asshole who deserved something a lot worse than what happened to him (ahem, nothing). And what was wrong with that Amanda girl?

I really want to go to France now and meet an Etienne! Although I know enough French to get along a lot better than Anna haha.

I would recommend this book to readers looking for an adorable fluffy romance read!

Main Character: Anna
Sidekick(s): Etienne, Mer, Josh, Rashmi, etc
Villain(s): Parents, Toph, Dave, etc
Realistic Fiction Elements: All of this could happen in real life.

Comments