The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde - UPDATED REVIEW

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde  Genre : Classics Blurb (on back of book) : Oscar Wilde’s only novel is the dreamlike story of a young man who sells his soul for eternal youth and beauty. In this celebrated work Wilde forged a devastating portrait of the effects of evil and debauchery on a young aesthete in late-19th-century England. Combining elements of the Gothic horror novel and decadent French fiction, the book centers on a striking premise: As Dorian Gray sinks into a life of crime and gross sensuality, his body retains perfect youth and vigor while his recently painted portrait grows day by day into a hideous record of evil, which he must keep hidden from the world. For over a century, this mesmerizing tale of horror and suspense has enjoyed wide popularity. It ranks as one of Wilde's most important creations and among the classic achievements of its kind. UPDATED REVIEW MY OPINION : ****** I would like to start out this review by stating that this is undoubtedly m

Love & Gelato - Jenna Evans Welch

Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch
Genre: YA Realistic Fiction
Image result for love and gelato
Blurb (on back of book): “I made the wrong choice.”
Lina is spending the summer in Tuscany, but she isn’t in the mood for Italy’s famous sunshine and fairy-tale landscape. She’s only there because it was her mother’s dying wish that she get to know her father. But what kind of father isn’t around for sixteen years? All Lina wants to do is get back home.
But then she is given a journal that her mom had kept when she lived in Italy. Suddenly Lina’s uncovering a magical world of secret romances, art, and hidden bakeries. A world that inspires Lina, along with the ever-so-charming Ren, to follow in her mother’s footsteps and unearth a secret that has been kept for far too long. It’s a secret that will change everything she knew about her mother, her father—and even herself.
People come to Italy for love and gelato, someone tells her, but sometimes they discover much more.

MY OPINION: *****

I LOVED THIS BOOK
IT WAS SO CUTE

Everything about it made me so happy. I cried and laughed and felt every emotion that you're supposed to feel when reading a good book and I wish I had started out 2019 with this one!

It's a really fluffy book. But it's good. And trust me, I've read a LOT of romance novels. Sure, this is a little cliche but who cares? What does a cliche do but add little butterflies and warm feelings as you're reading a really cutesy book?

I loved the journal entries from Lina's mom. They were not something that I thought were going to be as interesting to me but I ended up loving the whole mysterious aspect of it.

My biggest problem was the fact that Lina claimed to be in love after like five days of them getting to know each other. But I mean, teenage girls. We all jump to conclusions. And who knows? Maybe it is true love.

REN. THE CUTEST HUMAN BEING ON FICTIONAL EARTH. HE'S BEYOND ADORABLE. I just loved everything about him. I didn't think I was going to ship it as hard as I ended up shipping.

Lina. Well, she's a little bit DUMB for a lot of reasons but she makes up for it in the end. I loved the tension and the relationships and everything in between.

Thomas. THE GREEK GOD. If Lina doesn't want him, I'll take him hahahahaha! I definitely felt ZERO chemistry there which is good because I REALLY did not want to have to be torn between an angsty love triangle.

The whole thing with the mom and Matteo and Howard was serious for a fluffy romance but didn't lessen the appeal and instead made the book a lot more interesting!

I loved this book and definitely would recommend it to any romance lovers!

Main Character: Lina
Sidekick(s): Ren, Thomas, Addie, etc
Villain(s): Misunderstanding, love, etc
Realistic Fiction Elements: This book was very real to life.

Comments