The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde - UPDATED REVIEW

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde  Genre : Classics Blurb (on back of book) : Oscar Wilde’s only novel is the dreamlike story of a young man who sells his soul for eternal youth and beauty. In this celebrated work Wilde forged a devastating portrait of the effects of evil and debauchery on a young aesthete in late-19th-century England. Combining elements of the Gothic horror novel and decadent French fiction, the book centers on a striking premise: As Dorian Gray sinks into a life of crime and gross sensuality, his body retains perfect youth and vigor while his recently painted portrait grows day by day into a hideous record of evil, which he must keep hidden from the world. For over a century, this mesmerizing tale of horror and suspense has enjoyed wide popularity. It ranks as one of Wilde's most important creations and among the classic achievements of its kind. UPDATED REVIEW MY OPINION : ****** I would like to start out this review by stating that this is undoubtedly m

Keeper of the Lost Cities: Flashback - Shannon Messenger

Keeper of the Lost Cities: Flashback by Shannon Messenger
Genre: MG/YA Fantasy

Related imageBlurb (on back of book): In this unforgettable seventh book, Sophie must let the past and present blur together, because the deadliest secrets are always the ones that get erased.
Sophie Foster doesn’t know what—or whom—to believe. And in a game with this many players, the worst mistake can be focusing on the wrong threat.
But when the Neverseen prove that Sophie’s far more vulnerable than she ever imagined, she realizes it’s time to change the rules. Her powerful abilities can only protect her so far. To face down ruthless enemies, she must learn to fight.
Unfortunately, battle training can’t help a beloved friend who’s facing a whole different danger—where the only solution involves one of the biggest risks Sophie and her friends have ever taken. And the distraction might be exactly what the villains have been waiting for. 

MY OPINION: *****

YAY another one done! This is the seventh book in the LOOOONG series of KOTLC. I've been reading this series for five years now and it's still not done (two more books are set to release!). Every time another one comes out, it's like YAY but also IT'S SO LONG and I think this one was the longest one yet (there were 848 pages).

As per usual, I loved the plot twists and cliffhangers and all the new stuff thrown in, though at this point, everything is getting super confusing.

MAJOR MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD SO READ AT YOUR OWN RISK




-Tam joins the Neverseen. I mean, okay, I get why he did it but also NOOOO I was actually starting to like Tam and now he's gone...

-Silveny and Greyfell have TWINS who are adorable but for a moment there, I thought they were going to die. Thankfully, they were saved by the trolls!

-Sophie has FIVE bodyguards. And I mean, it's a little excessive but YAY I guess. Though Sandor is obviously still my favorite.

-BO RO. AHAHAHAH this was hilarious. I loved Keefe's epic teasing of his ogre princess bodyguard, Ro, and Sophie's ogre bodyguard Bo, though once the real story was uncovered, I felt bad for them. Arranged marriages suck.

-SOPHITZ IS ALMOST OFFICIAL. For those of you who don't know, I am the BIGGEST Sophitz fan (I have a FanFiction on them that has FORTY chapters which you can find on my FanFiction profile). However, in the last book, I thought I was maybe switching to Team KEEFE. But Sophitz FTW! Although I wouldn't be disappointed with her ending up with Keefe, the MOMENTS in here were AMAZING and I loved them together. Thank God it only took SEVEN books for Sophie to confess her secret (CRUSHING ON FITZ).

-Sophie is UNMATCHABLE. AGHHHH I hope something happens to fix this. PLEASE DESTROY THE MATCHMAKING SYSTEM, SHANNON. Then everything will be well and bad matches won't exist. Although it has it's merits.. SO MAYBE IT CAN BE IMPROVED???

-ALVAR IS DEAD BUT HE ISN'T DEAD. Um, wow. I really thought that something GOOD happened for once but NOPE. WOW.

-Umber is dead, though. YAYAY that's one Neverseen member down, like 74897823974829374 more to go! (My optimism is shining through)

-KEEFE IS SO HURT. I FINALLY UNDERSTAND THIS BOY. HE LIKES SOPHIE BUT HE DOESN'T WANT TO BREAK BRO CODE/BFF CODE WITH FITZ SO HE'S PUSHING HIS FEELINGS ASIDE ALL WHILE DEALING WITH HIS MOM AND HORRIBLE PROBLEMS AND HIS MEMORIES COMING BACK AHHHH

-Sophie's arm! I felt so bad though we did get a couple of really good Sophitz moments in there... So I guess that's my optimism!?

-THE ECHOES. I almost forgot about these things. Like, I hope they're gone... I don't think we got enough explanation there so it'll probably be concluded in the next couple of BOOKS???

-THE FITZ PERSPECTIVE STORY (I had the Barnes and Noble BONUS edition). IT WAS SO GOOD BECAUSE WE LEARNED A LOT OF THINGS ABOUT FITZ... LIKE HOW LONG HE'S LIKED SOPHIE, WHAT HIS LITTLE PASSWORD IS TO GET IN SOPHIE'S HEAD WHICH IS ADORABLE, ETC If you haven't gotten the bonus story, you should!

Overall, I loved it as per usual and would recommend it to fantasy lovers!

Main Character: Sophie
Sidekick(s): Fitz, Keefe, Biana, Tam, Linh, Dex, Wylie, Marella, parents, alicorns, Bronte, Oralie, etc
Villain(s): Neverseen, etc
Fantasy Elements: This book was based on fanatic elements.

Comments