The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde - UPDATED REVIEW

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde  Genre : Classics Blurb (on back of book) : Oscar Wilde’s only novel is the dreamlike story of a young man who sells his soul for eternal youth and beauty. In this celebrated work Wilde forged a devastating portrait of the effects of evil and debauchery on a young aesthete in late-19th-century England. Combining elements of the Gothic horror novel and decadent French fiction, the book centers on a striking premise: As Dorian Gray sinks into a life of crime and gross sensuality, his body retains perfect youth and vigor while his recently painted portrait grows day by day into a hideous record of evil, which he must keep hidden from the world. For over a century, this mesmerizing tale of horror and suspense has enjoyed wide popularity. It ranks as one of Wilde's most important creations and among the classic achievements of its kind. UPDATED REVIEW MY OPINION : ****** I would like to start out this review by stating that this is undoubtedly m

Works Cited for Images Used in November; Goodbye November; Hello December!

Amazon.com
-When Dimple Met Rishi

goodreads.com
-The Start of Me and You

Goodreads
-History is All You Left Me

Amazon.com
-Keeper of the Lost Cities: Exile

Amazon.com
-Being Jazz: The Life of a (Transgender) Teen

Amazon.com
-Geekerella

Goodreads
-Twenty Boy Summer

Amazon.com
-Long Way Down

Goodreads
-It's Not Summer Without You

disabilityinkidlit.com
-The Season of You and Me

Amazon.com
-Keeper of the Lost Cities: Everblaze

Goodreads
-Dear Martin

Yes I do know this is late and I was busy and I forgot. So yeah. 

13 books read this month AND I caught up with my Goodreads reading goal!!

This is a GIF-worthy moment, only I am too lazy to search one up :P

I read my memoir this month! YAYAY! (For those of you who don't know, I generally read one memoir a year at least)

I reread a couple of books and I also read a LOT of really amazing romance novels as well as some powerful books, like Dear Martin and History is All You Left Me. I read some that were okay so this was a REALLY good month for me, personally.

What have I been doing? Um, I've been working on a school musical (and it's definitely my best one yet), I have been doing A LOT of work for school, and we're launching water bottle rockets today! I also have been writing and I participated in NaNoWriMo for the first time this year!

Four hour play practice rehearsals are so DRAINING and EXHAUSTING but also REALLY FUN!

Tomorrow are opening performances and I'm so excited!!

We're doing Secret Snowflake (like Secret Santa) in my English class and I can't wait for the gift giving. It's on December 13, meaning that I have to get a gift by then!

So that's it! I have to work on my novel some more (we're in the editing process) so yeah!

Goodbye November :(

Hello December :)

Comments