The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde - UPDATED REVIEW

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde  Genre : Classics Blurb (on back of book) : Oscar Wilde’s only novel is the dreamlike story of a young man who sells his soul for eternal youth and beauty. In this celebrated work Wilde forged a devastating portrait of the effects of evil and debauchery on a young aesthete in late-19th-century England. Combining elements of the Gothic horror novel and decadent French fiction, the book centers on a striking premise: As Dorian Gray sinks into a life of crime and gross sensuality, his body retains perfect youth and vigor while his recently painted portrait grows day by day into a hideous record of evil, which he must keep hidden from the world. For over a century, this mesmerizing tale of horror and suspense has enjoyed wide popularity. It ranks as one of Wilde's most important creations and among the classic achievements of its kind. UPDATED REVIEW MY OPINION : ****** I would like to start out this review by stating that this is undoubtedly m

We'll Always Have Summer - Jenny Han - UPDATED VERSION

We'll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han
Genre: YA Realistic Fiction
Image result for we'll always have summer
Blurb (on back of book)It's been two years since Conrad told Belly to go with Jeremiah. She and Jeremiah have been inseparable ever since, even attending the same college-- only, their relationship hasn't exactly been the happily ever after Belly had hoped it would be. And when Jeremiah makes the worst mistake a boy can make, Belly is forced to question what she thought was true love. Does she really have a future with Jeremiah? Has she ever gotten over Conrad? It's time for Belly to decide, once and for all, who has her heart forever.

MY OPINION: ******

This is my second time reading this book and I loved it even more than the first time around! It was such a powerful conclusion to this series and it never lost its flavor that we tasted from the first two books.

My friend actually bought me this series for Christmas and I can not be happier about it. I am so excited to add this to my bookshelf that is evergrowing, especially since I've wanted these for a little while now. They are definitely my favorite YA contemporary novels, maybe ever, so... I NEEDED THEM

I LOVE THIS BOOK SO MUCH. I don't think I can say it enough.

Belly definitely changed a lot from this book compared to the first one. She is now more matured and she doesn't really let things to get to her as much as before. She's trying to move on and she's learning to grow up and give in. She's definitely a lot more mature... in the first books, it was like I was reading from a child's perspective. Yes, she was a teen but sometimes the things she said were really immature and childish. But I DID love that about her, the way she clung to her childhood. Also, the first books were full of flashbacks so maybe that's where I got that sense. This book had a couple but they weren't as noticeable or abrupt.

LET ME TELL YOU ONE THING THAT DID MAKE ME MAD! Jeremiah cheats on her and then she finds out, confronts him, breaks up with him like she should have done, and then HE PROPOSES and she ACCEPTS after he CHEATED on her! That made me so ANGRY... but maybe I'm a little biased because of my undying love for CONRAD. 

I have to say, I've never hated Jeremiah more than in this book. The first couple of books, Jeremiah was sweet in the first book but I honestly thought of him more as a side person who was just there because he was there. Then in the second book, I think his feelings for Belly became more obvious but I again left it to the side... I was WAY more focused on Conrad *SWOON* Then in this book, they were dating and all that and I was like "JEREMIAH WHERE DID YOU COME FROM WHAT HAPPENED TO CON THIS CANNOT BE HAPPENING"

Jeremiah really pissed me off. Check the spoilers if you want to know why. But really, his character was so ANNOYING. He was WAY too happy-go-lucky and if you want the honest truth, in my opinion, he was not a good boyfriend. Yes, Conrad sucked at being a boyfriend too but HE DID NOT CHEAT ON HER AND THEN EXPECT HER TO MARRY HIM!! You do not know how much it pains me to make that a spoiler and not a REAL LIFE STATEMENT. Then again, maybe you're like me and you love spoilers and you read them anyway.

Conrad was SO messed-up and I FELT for him. I understood why he did the things he did in all three books. Many of you think he was a jerk or a**hole but honestly, he was just CONFLICTED and ANGRY and SAD. I mean, his mom DIED. Give him some SYMPATHY at least.

Conrad was definitely my favorite character. He was so SWEET and ADORABLE and When he finally spilled out all of his feelings for Belly, I cried, I cried, I cried because it was TOO LATE and BELLY RAN AWAY and I CRIED This book had CON'S PERSPECTIVE in it and I died of happiness and jubilation. I got to see the world from HIS eyes and I cried with him and went through the stages of grief with him! I love Conrad Fisher. I thought I would hate him but I can't.

Aww there wasn't much Steven in this one and that made me just a little disappointed because to me he was always part of the gang: Belly, Conrad, Jeremiah, and Steven.

THE NICKNAMES WERE THE BEST THING EVER! "Belly" "Con or CONNIE" "Jere" "Steve" I LOVE THEM SO MUCH

Every scene with Conrad was the ones I imbibed and died in. Every scene with Jere was full of annoying feelings because Belly would NOT break up with him. Every scene with Steve was full of a lot of sentimental feelings of remembering his character from the other books.

PLEASE WRITE A BOOK FOUR, JENNY HAN, I BEG OF YOU

Anyways, yes, this book focused a lot on marriage because Belly was planning on getting married at 19 (I did not support that AT ALL). I did enjoy it just as much though because Belly is amazing and I love her so very much, despite the fact that some of her actions and decisions are a little... rash. Or bold.

I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS BOOK TO YA CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE LOVERS

Main Character: Belly
Sidekick(s): Con, Jere, Steven, her mom, Taylor, etc
Villain(s): Weddings (yes), misunderstandings, heartbreak, etc
Realistic Fiction Elements: This book was all very real to life!

Comments