The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde - UPDATED REVIEW

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde  Genre : Classics Blurb (on back of book) : Oscar Wilde’s only novel is the dreamlike story of a young man who sells his soul for eternal youth and beauty. In this celebrated work Wilde forged a devastating portrait of the effects of evil and debauchery on a young aesthete in late-19th-century England. Combining elements of the Gothic horror novel and decadent French fiction, the book centers on a striking premise: As Dorian Gray sinks into a life of crime and gross sensuality, his body retains perfect youth and vigor while his recently painted portrait grows day by day into a hideous record of evil, which he must keep hidden from the world. For over a century, this mesmerizing tale of horror and suspense has enjoyed wide popularity. It ranks as one of Wilde's most important creations and among the classic achievements of its kind. UPDATED REVIEW MY OPINION : ****** I would like to start out this review by stating that this is undoubtedly m

Keeper of the Lost Cities - Shannon Messenger - UPDATED VERSION

Keeper of the Lost Cities by Shannon Messenger
Genre: J Fantasy

Image result for keeper of the lost citiesBlurb (on back of book): Twelve-year-old Sophie Foster has a secret. She’s a Telepath—someone who hears the thoughts of everyone around her. It’s a talent she’s never known how to explain.
Everything changes the day she meets Fitz, a mysterious boy who appears out of nowhere and also reads minds. She discovers there’s a place she does belong, and that staying with her family will place her in grave danger. In the blink of an eye, Sophie is forced to leave behind everything and start a new life in a place that is vastly different from anything she has ever known.
Sophie has new rules to learn and new skills to master, and not everyone is thrilled that she has come “home.” 
There are secrets buried deep in Sophie’s memory—secrets about who she really is and why she was hidden among humans—that other people desperately want. Would even kill for.
In this page-turning debut, Shannon Messenger creates a riveting story where one girl must figure out why she is the key to her brand-new world, before the wrong person finds the answer first.

MY OPINION: *****

This book is AMAZING. This is my third time reading it and my second time reviewing it. I LOVE this book so much.

Book Six is coming out in a few days so I thought I would get refreshed before I read it. Yet again, I love this book.

Sophie Foster is an amazing character and she is so true to life. Sometimes YOU HAVE TO BREAK THE LAW TO DO WHAT IS RIGHT. I love how she sometimes has to do things that you really shouldn't do but she stills does them because it is the RIGHT thing. I also love how she is brave and strong and smart and she's also like any tween.

Fitz. GORGEOUS DREAMY TEAL EYES. WHAT ELSE CAN I SAY? I love Fitz so MUCH and he is definitely my favorite character. He is hilarious and funny and smart and gorgeous and AMAZING. WHY ARE GUYS LIKE THIS NOT REAL?

Keefe. I love him. He is hilarious and funny and always adds a little bright spot to the mood. I DO NOT SHIP HIM WITH SOPHIE (PLEASE DO NOT SCREAM AT ME SOPHITZ FOREVER - I LEGIT HAVE A FANFICTION CALLED "SOPHITZ FOREVER") but I do think he makes a GREAT friend.

Dex. I hate Dex. No, that's mean. I don't HATE him, necessarily, but he seriously gets on my nerves. He so obviously loves Sophie despite the fact that they are just friends. JUST FRIENDS. Also, Dex is REALLY mean to Fitz so why shouldn't I dislike someone who hates my Fitz???

Biana. In the beginning, she was a jerk but once she and Sophie became friends I thought she was a great person. She was kind of way too girly but other than that, she was someone who I would love to be friends with.

Why am I talking about characters as if they are real?

Okay. I have to be honest here. At home, I have a whole thing set up where I have an INDEX card that has a key on it. In my copies of KOTLC, I flagged my FAVORITE scenes and ALL OF THE SHIPS (basically every single important one). TOMORROW, I will PROBABLY have that up on my BOOKSTAGRAM (IF I HAVE TIME). @a_reader_gurl You can see all of the flags that are up!

So that's it! I'm currently reading BOOK TWO and I plan to have that review up ASAP!

I would recommend this book to fantasy lovers.

Main Character: Sophie
Sidekick(s): Fitz, Biana, Dex, Keefe, etc
Villain(s): THOSE CREEPY KIDNAPPERS, Stina, etc
Fantasy Elements: This book had fanatic elements, characters, places, etc.

Comments

Post a Comment