The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde - UPDATED REVIEW

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde  Genre : Classics Blurb (on back of book) : Oscar Wilde’s only novel is the dreamlike story of a young man who sells his soul for eternal youth and beauty. In this celebrated work Wilde forged a devastating portrait of the effects of evil and debauchery on a young aesthete in late-19th-century England. Combining elements of the Gothic horror novel and decadent French fiction, the book centers on a striking premise: As Dorian Gray sinks into a life of crime and gross sensuality, his body retains perfect youth and vigor while his recently painted portrait grows day by day into a hideous record of evil, which he must keep hidden from the world. For over a century, this mesmerizing tale of horror and suspense has enjoyed wide popularity. It ranks as one of Wilde's most important creations and among the classic achievements of its kind. UPDATED REVIEW MY OPINION : ****** I would like to start out this review by stating that this is undoubtedly m

Unravel Me - Tahereh Mafi

Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
Genre: YA Fantasy

Image result for unravel meBlurb (on back of book): tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
it's almost time for war.
Juliette has escaped to Omega Point. It is a place for people like her—people with gifts—and it is also the headquarters of the rebel resistance.
She's finally free from The Reestablishment, free from their plan to use her as a weapon, and free to love Adam. But Juliette will never be free from her lethal touch.Or from Warner, who wants Juliette more than she ever thought possible.
In this exhilarating sequel to Shatter Me, Juliette has to make life-changing decisions between what she wants and what she thinks is right. Decisions that might involve choosing between her heart—and Adam's life.

MY OPINION: ****

I really wanted to rate this book five stars but I just couldn't.

BECAUSE WHAT?

WARNER??

Okay, okay, lemme explain.

We already know from the first book that Warner (Aaron) can touch Juliette for some unexplained reason. Now in this book, we find out why...

He has some ability (that I don't feel like trying to explain because, quite frankly, a lot of it didn't really make sense to me but that might have been because I honestly didn't care)

Um, so this book went way too fast for me. This happened and then three pages later, something else happened that just ruined the story. There were way too many plot twists and cliffhangers (THOUGH I MUST ADMIT THOSE WERE THE MOST INTERESTING)

And what happened to Adam? He was too needy, he got angry for no reason, and he was no longer that amazing sweet dude from the first book that I had come to love...

ANYWAYS, I still enjoyed reading this book and I started Ignite Me right afterward. I probably won't be reading the novellas, frankly because I can't find them.

Juliette was much more independent and she finally came to terms with... herself. And who she is. And I really liked that part. She learned that she has to live her own life and she even learned to stop thinking of herself as this evil monster. I really liked reading about her a lot more.

The writing style of this book was still the same. And I know I said I didn't like it before, but now it just seemed so unique and I really liked it, especially the constant repetition and strikethroughs.

Warner. I hated him before (I think I said that but I'm too lazy to go check that out) but after reading this book, I like him a lot better. I still love Adam the best, but Aaron was a better character and I will be fine if Aaron and Juliette end up together instead of my original shipping with Adam and Juliette. I honestly will be good either way.

Now, Kenji. I HATED HIM BEFORE. But after reading this book, I feel like his character and my opinion for him changed a lot more than before. I really started to appreciate Kenji's constant humor and friendliness, and I really like his ability because it is SO helpful.

James was still as adorable and amazing as ever and I still really liked him.

I would have put some quotes in, but I don't have the book with me :( And that kind of makes me sad because that was such a good book to show examples of amazing writing with!

I know this is short, but I have another review to write and I am so excited about that. I also am trying to shorten my reviews because I feel like they are all way too long. I would recommend this book to Fantasy lovers :D

Main Character: Juliette
Sidekick(s): Adam, Aaron, Kenji, James, etc
Villain(s): Anderson, etc
Fantasy Elements: This book had fanatic abilities, characters, and settings

Comments