The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde - UPDATED REVIEW

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde  Genre : Classics Blurb (on back of book) : Oscar Wilde’s only novel is the dreamlike story of a young man who sells his soul for eternal youth and beauty. In this celebrated work Wilde forged a devastating portrait of the effects of evil and debauchery on a young aesthete in late-19th-century England. Combining elements of the Gothic horror novel and decadent French fiction, the book centers on a striking premise: As Dorian Gray sinks into a life of crime and gross sensuality, his body retains perfect youth and vigor while his recently painted portrait grows day by day into a hideous record of evil, which he must keep hidden from the world. For over a century, this mesmerizing tale of horror and suspense has enjoyed wide popularity. It ranks as one of Wilde's most important creations and among the classic achievements of its kind. UPDATED REVIEW MY OPINION : ****** I would like to start out this review by stating that this is undoubtedly m

City of Heavenly Fire - Cassandra Clare

City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare
Genre: YA Fantasy

Image result for city of heavenly fireBlurb (on back of book)In this dazzling and long-awaited conclusion to the acclaimed Mortal Instruments series, Clary and her friends fight the greatest evil they have ever faced: Clary's own brother.
Sebastian Morgenstern is on the move, systematically turning Shadowhunter against Shadowhunter. Bearing the Infernal Cup, he transforms Shadowhunters into creatures out of nightmare, tearing apart families and lovers as the ranks of his Endarkened army swell.
The embattled Shadowhunters withdraw to Idris - but not even the famed demon towers of Alicante can keep Sebastian at bay. And with the Nephilim trapped in Idris, who will guard the world against demons?
When one of the greatest betrayals the Nephilim have ever known is revealed, Clary, Jace, Isabelle, Simon, and Alec must flee - even if their journey takes them deep into the demon realms, where no Shadowhunter has set foot before, and from which no human being has ever returned...
Love will be sacrificed and lives lost in the terrible battle for the fate of the word in the thrilling final installment of the classic urban fantasy series The Mortal Instruments!

MY OPINION: *****

I AM FINALLY DONE WITH THIS SERIES

I am just so proud of myself.

For those of you amazing "fans" that are out there, you should know that I have already read the first four and a HALF of the series, but never finished it. I started rereading it after finishing The Infernal Devices, and I finally finished the fifth and sixth book now!

So I won't be sharing any quotes today :( I sadly left my book at home and I'm writing this while sitting... someplace that's not home D:

CLARY. SHE HAS GROWN SO MUCH. In the beginning, I feel like she was this innocent little angel who never stood up for herself and legit had to depend on Jace or Simon or whoever. By the middle of the series, she started to stand up for herself but she still had to have someone by her side. Now, at the end, she's really grown into herself, making up her own plans, and sticking with them, sometimes by herself. She has really become an independent woman by the end of the series and it was really fun reading about how she had really matured and grown up.

JACE. HE IS STILL AMAZING. Jace was amazing from the start and stayed amazing till the end. I love Jace. He is just so funny, kind, determined, brave, and a gorgeous character that I really wish could come to life. He was definitely my favorite MALE character :D

ALEC. I LOVE THE DUDE. Alec and Magnus for life! I loved Alec from the start. I really understood Alec through it all, the way he felt, the reasons for his anger or happiness, he was just amazing. I've always loved reading about Alec.

ISABELLE. GORGEOUS AMAZING BRAVE ISABELLE. Isabelle was definitely my favorite FEMALE character. Guys, I'm saying it. CLARY IS NOT MY FAVORITE CHARACTER. Honestly, I never really like the main characters as much as the sidekicks or even the villains. Isabelle has always been so gorgeous and brave and full of determination, and even better: she's a real heartbreaker. MWAHAHAHA

SIMON. NERDY ADORABLE SIMON. I used to have some sort of grudge or thing against Simon. I really don't know why. But when he decided to give up all of his memories and become a normal mundane, I was SO CLOSE TO CRYING THAT I JUST COULD NOT KEEP UP THE GRUDGE THAT I DO NOT KNOW WHY I HAD IN THE FIRST PLACE EVEN THOUGH I KNEW IT WAS GOING TO BE ALL BETTER BY THE END AND IT WAS JUST LIKE I THOUGHT

Sorry about that rant (if you read the spoilers)

Okay, so those are all of the characters that I'm going to talk about... Otherwise, this list would be as long as the novel itself (over 750 pages in my copy)...

Ummm... what is there to talk about?

WHEN JONATHAN/SEBASTIAN DIED I CRIED NO JOKE

I LOVED THE DUDE

I TOLD YOU 
I LOVE THE VILLAINS OKAY SO DO NOT JUDGE AND COMMENT HATE COMMENTS :D

I really liked Emma and Julian and I plan to read Lady Midnight, which I technically have already started, which I believe it about the same characters... In the future?

I loved the romance in this book. It was so sweet and adorable. SIMON AND ISABELLE FOREVER

Anyways, I know that was a short review for a LONG book so I might edit it later on and add some quotes when I have the book. Maybe.

I would recommend this book to fantasy lovers and romance lovers.

Main Character: Clary
Sidekick(s): Jace, Simon, Isabelle, Alec, Magnus, etc
Villain(s): Sebastian, the Endarkened, etc
Fantasy Elements: This book had all fanatic creatures, characters, and settings.

Comments