The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde - UPDATED REVIEW

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde  Genre : Classics Blurb (on back of book) : Oscar Wilde’s only novel is the dreamlike story of a young man who sells his soul for eternal youth and beauty. In this celebrated work Wilde forged a devastating portrait of the effects of evil and debauchery on a young aesthete in late-19th-century England. Combining elements of the Gothic horror novel and decadent French fiction, the book centers on a striking premise: As Dorian Gray sinks into a life of crime and gross sensuality, his body retains perfect youth and vigor while his recently painted portrait grows day by day into a hideous record of evil, which he must keep hidden from the world. For over a century, this mesmerizing tale of horror and suspense has enjoyed wide popularity. It ranks as one of Wilde's most important creations and among the classic achievements of its kind. UPDATED REVIEW MY OPINION : ****** I would like to start out this review by stating that this is undoubtedly m

It's Not Summer Without You - Jenny Han

It's Not Summer Without You by Jenny Han
Genre: YA Romance/Realistic Fiction
Image result for it's not summer without you
Blurb (on back of book)Can summer be truly summer without Cousins Beach?
It used to be that Belly counted the days until summer, until she was back at Cousins Beach with Conrad and Jeremiah. But not this year. Not after Susannah got sick again and Conrad stopped caring. Everything that was right and good has fallen apart, leaving Belly wishing summer would never come.
But when Jeremiah calls saying Conrad has disappeared, Belly knows what she must do to make things right again. And it can only happen back at the beach house, the three of them together, the way things used to be. If this summer really and truly is the last summer, it should end the way it started--at Cousins Beach.

MY OPINION: *****

Short review today!

This book is the second book of The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han. So far, this series has enthralled me through and through! I love how Jenny Han's writing makes me want to read more and more. I have read all of her books in two days or less so far, which is pretty cool.

I like how Belly seemed to have matured by the second book, though she was a pretty good character in the first one. Belly was definitely different though, despite the boys treating her the same way... well, kind of. She was definitely more determined, though she did still say the wrong thing at the wrong time.

I would have been ok with the first book being the only one. It ended so nicely, but I feel as if the second book ruined it all. I'm not sure if the second book was planned or not, but it definitely felt as if it changed everything... in a bad way. I hated how everything was different by the second book: Conrad and Belly weren't even together anymore!

I loved how Jeremiah's point of view was shown in this book. It definitely made me feel really bad for him and empathize with him a lot more. I totally understood him a lot better..

This book changed everything that happened in the first book. Honestly, I don't think you really had to have read the first book in order to understand the second one. That's how different it was.

I like how they went to Cousins beach a lot as a memorial and less as a trip. It gave the times they went a different feel, and made it feel a lot more special.

The mom... she was so badass. I loved her! Although she was a bit overprotective...

Conrad. I will forever love him. He just doesn't ever show his feelings to anyone. He needs to let it out and just DO IT. Then his life would be so much easier with Belly and his brother. JUST DO IT

This book was definitely different from Jenny Han's To All the Boys I've Loved Before series, and it almost made me drop the rating to a four stars. But I didn't.

The third book is super fun though! I can't wait to finish it! (It will be probably be tonight :D)

Main Character: Belly
Sidekick(s): Conrad, Jeremiah, Taylor, mom, etc
Villain(s): death, misunderstanding, love, etc
Romance/Realistic Fiction Elements: This book featured romantic features and was all real to life.

Comments