The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde - UPDATED REVIEW

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde  Genre : Classics Blurb (on back of book) : Oscar Wilde’s only novel is the dreamlike story of a young man who sells his soul for eternal youth and beauty. In this celebrated work Wilde forged a devastating portrait of the effects of evil and debauchery on a young aesthete in late-19th-century England. Combining elements of the Gothic horror novel and decadent French fiction, the book centers on a striking premise: As Dorian Gray sinks into a life of crime and gross sensuality, his body retains perfect youth and vigor while his recently painted portrait grows day by day into a hideous record of evil, which he must keep hidden from the world. For over a century, this mesmerizing tale of horror and suspense has enjoyed wide popularity. It ranks as one of Wilde's most important creations and among the classic achievements of its kind. UPDATED REVIEW MY OPINION : ****** I would like to start out this review by stating that this is undoubtedly m

Works Cited for Images Used in March; Goodbye March; Hello April!

Goodreads
-All the Bright Places

Amazon.com
-Say What You Will

Wikipedia
-Clockwork Angel

Goodreads
-The Book of Broken Hearts

Goodreads
-Clockwork Prince

OMG I only read five books this month!!!

I have been going through a really bad reading slump lately, and I am so sorry about it! I will try to do better for April, but I can't make any promises. Then again, The Infernal Devices is a very long series, with over 1500 pages in all, so you know... THAT COUNTS AS TRIPLE BOOKS XD

I know, I know, I said I would read 14 books and I even made a list, but still. I got wrapped up in other things and new books overtook the ones I originally wanted to read.

I watch a little BookTube and I always find new books from there, so you know... I added some and lost the others.

Books I Now Want To Read for April:

1. Clockwork Princess
2. Me Before You
3. Carve the Mark
4. REREAD TMI

I do plan to read more, but I am not sure yet. The Mortal Instruments is LONG, so it might take me the whole month. I do plan to do updated reviews on the ones I have already read, so please keep in mind of that and feel free to compare my changes and similarities of my past reading love of the series.

On Goodreads, please join The Story Tellers, a teenage group on Goodreads, in which I am a moderator. Every month, we have story contests, and even if you don't want to write, we NEED JUDGES, so please please please join! Thanks so much!

PLEASE RECOMMEND BOOKS TO ME. Remember, I ONLY READ ROMANCE or FANTASY, but the Fantasy must have a romance in it. Also, I LOVE LOVE TRIANGLES!!

Thanks so much! Please recommend, comment, and subscribe/follow. By next week, I should be done with Clockwork Princess, so stay tuned for that review!

THANKS, MIC ;D

Comments