The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde - UPDATED REVIEW

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde  Genre : Classics Blurb (on back of book) : Oscar Wilde’s only novel is the dreamlike story of a young man who sells his soul for eternal youth and beauty. In this celebrated work Wilde forged a devastating portrait of the effects of evil and debauchery on a young aesthete in late-19th-century England. Combining elements of the Gothic horror novel and decadent French fiction, the book centers on a striking premise: As Dorian Gray sinks into a life of crime and gross sensuality, his body retains perfect youth and vigor while his recently painted portrait grows day by day into a hideous record of evil, which he must keep hidden from the world. For over a century, this mesmerizing tale of horror and suspense has enjoyed wide popularity. It ranks as one of Wilde's most important creations and among the classic achievements of its kind. UPDATED REVIEW MY OPINION : ****** I would like to start out this review by stating that this is undoubtedly m

Works Cited for Images Used in February; Goodbye February; Hello March!

Goodreads
-Shelter

Amazon.com
-The Fill-In Boyfriend

Lexile
-My Sister's Keeper

Goodreads
-A List of Cages

barnesandnoble.com
-Seconds Away

harlancoben.com
-Found

Amazon.com
-Among the Hidden

Amazon.com
-The Distance Between Us

Goodreads
-Everything, Everything

Goodreads
-On the Fence

Amazon.com
-Before I Fall

So yay! It's been another month of reading and blogging for me!

This is the shortest month of the year, but it might be one of my most hefty reading months! I have read a lot more than I expected for a normal month in a shorter amount of time and I AM SO PROUD of myself!

11 books. Not the most, but they were all LONG. I wanted to finish All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven as well this month, but I did not get to that.

Unfortunately, I am about 15 books behind my Goodreads 2017 Reading Challenge goal, so I am going to try to step up my game. If I ever reach 25 books behind, I am going to lower my reading goal. That is not giving up, okay? Don't go yelling at me about it in the comments section.

My next goal for March is probably about 14 books, and I think that that is pretty realistic. Honestly, if I try, I could probably surpass it! Here is my To-Read for next month that I will try to actually finish:

1. All the Bright Places - Jennifer Niven
2. Rebel Belle - Rachel Hawkins
3. The Book of Broken Hearts - Sarah Ockler
4. Between the Lines - Jodi Picoult
5. Dumplin' - Julie Murphy
6. Fish in a Tree - Lynda M Hunt
7. A Dog's Purpose - W. B Cameron
8. The Edge of Everything - Jeff Giles
9. The Sun is Also a Star - Nicola Yoon
10. Lucky in Love - Kasie West
11. The Star Dwellers - David Estes
12. A Tragic Kind of Wonderful - Eric Lindstrom
13. I'll Give You the Sun - Jandy Nelson
14. Landline - Rainbow Rowell

Looking at that list, I feel as if I won't make it. There is a mix of both short and long books in there, which will be nice. I HAVE TO READ A LOT NEXT MONTH!!

I started a YouTube channel about two weeks ago with a friend. If you like to game, please check out our channel: When Newbs Try to Game. We game very badly :) We upload DAILY which is awesome!

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT!

Thanks so much!

MIC ;)

Comments