The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde - UPDATED REVIEW

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde  Genre : Classics Blurb (on back of book) : Oscar Wilde’s only novel is the dreamlike story of a young man who sells his soul for eternal youth and beauty. In this celebrated work Wilde forged a devastating portrait of the effects of evil and debauchery on a young aesthete in late-19th-century England. Combining elements of the Gothic horror novel and decadent French fiction, the book centers on a striking premise: As Dorian Gray sinks into a life of crime and gross sensuality, his body retains perfect youth and vigor while his recently painted portrait grows day by day into a hideous record of evil, which he must keep hidden from the world. For over a century, this mesmerizing tale of horror and suspense has enjoyed wide popularity. It ranks as one of Wilde's most important creations and among the classic achievements of its kind. UPDATED REVIEW MY OPINION : ****** I would like to start out this review by stating that this is undoubtedly m

Works Cited for Images Used in December; Goodbye December; Goodbye 2016; Hello January!; Hello 2017!

Amazon.com
-Time Between Us

Wikipedia
-The Fault in Our Stars

goodreads.com
-Time After Time

Amazon.com
-Eleanor and Park

Amazon.com
-Before Goodbye

www.jimandellen.org
-Pride and Prejudice

This has literally been the least books I have ever read during one month! I cannot believe myself and I am so angry. I cannot believe I finished Pride and Prejudice before this year was over! That I'm proud about!

Maybe it's because I'm reading harder books, but that isn't any excuse.

I feel bad. I had two weeks of beautiful reading time, but I soon found out that break isn't the easiest time for me to read. Think about this:

*I have to do an amazingly hard science project that has been taking up a lot of time.
*I have to finish crocheting a wall hanging or else I will just keep procrastinating and never doing it.
*I have to finish my knitting. It's for charity!
*I have to write my novel. It's so important.
*I have to write Fanfiction. People love it, and it's so important to me.
*I have to keep all of my blogs updated. As much as I love my blogs, this has been rather hard. Sorry.
*School.

With all of this, there hasn't been enough time for reading as I would like.

But I have to admit, some books that I read counted as two or three books, such as Pride and Prejudice, or The Fault in Our Stars. So that brings me up to at least nine or ten books.

Here is what I am currently reading:

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell (I plan to finish this by Sunday, if possible)
Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers (I think I'm going to abandon this book)
All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill (I don't know when I'm going to finish this)

I also want to start three other books, but I don't think I have the time, since all of them are DUE to the library. I haven't bought books in a long time.

Anyways, I hope you all had an amazing holiday season, and a special Winter Break! HAPPY NEW YEARS!

I can't believe it's almost 2017! I have to retag all of my posts here, because I need to add the words 2016 or 2017 to it so I can tell the difference. Because it's a NEW YEAR!

It flew by way too fast. So much to do! I got so many cool gifts! (BOOKS BOOKS AND MORE BOOKS). Plus some other stuff too. LOL ;P

I hope to see you here soon, and please comment, follow, like, and check out my other blogs, my Goodreads, and my Fanfiction, all of which I have posted on this blog at some point. (I will try to add some gadgets so that you guys can all find them easily).

I hope you all had a great 2016. Make some great New Year's resolutions, and some amazing friends in 2017!

Thanks so much for supporting me all year and please continue to read in 2017! SO SCARY! Comment, follow, etc, etc, etc...

Thanks, MIC ;)

Comments