The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde - UPDATED REVIEW

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde  Genre : Classics Blurb (on back of book) : Oscar Wilde’s only novel is the dreamlike story of a young man who sells his soul for eternal youth and beauty. In this celebrated work Wilde forged a devastating portrait of the effects of evil and debauchery on a young aesthete in late-19th-century England. Combining elements of the Gothic horror novel and decadent French fiction, the book centers on a striking premise: As Dorian Gray sinks into a life of crime and gross sensuality, his body retains perfect youth and vigor while his recently painted portrait grows day by day into a hideous record of evil, which he must keep hidden from the world. For over a century, this mesmerizing tale of horror and suspense has enjoyed wide popularity. It ranks as one of Wilde's most important creations and among the classic achievements of its kind. UPDATED REVIEW MY OPINION : ****** I would like to start out this review by stating that this is undoubtedly m

Works Cited for Images Used in November; Goodbye November; Hello December!

The Selection Wiki - Wikia
-The Heir

Goodreads
-Into the Still Blue 

Shannon Messenger
-Keeper of the Lost Cities: Lodestar

 kernelscorner.com
-The Crown

Goodreads
-Kinda Like Brothers

Wikipedia
-Red Queen

Goodreads
-Every Last Word

www.jeanneryan.com
-Nerve

wmsgreatreads.blogspot.com
-Flying Solo

bitethebook.com
-The Reason I Jump

So I'm actually almost done with Time After Time. Almost. I will try to post a review tomorrow, or maybe even later tonight, which means that I will have to update this review. If I post it tomorrow, I will feel so bad because then I will have to make it a December review instead, and I really wanted another November review.

Oh well.

I actually did really well towards my goal this month. My goal was 14 books? I don't know, but it was somewhere in the teens, and I got a 10, which is really close, not mentioning Time After Time, which I will probably be finishing up today.

I just started reading The Fault in Our by John Green, and I am so excited! I have heard that that was such a great book, and I have seen the film, but I never thought to read the book itself. HMMM...if you have read it, please comment below!

OK, moving on.

November is gone. I had a good Thanksgiving. Didn't eat a lot of turkey, but then again, I don't like turkey, so...Now that I am thinking about it, I don't like mashed potatoes. Or gravy. Or stuffing. I guess Thanksgiving food isn't my thing...

How was your guy's Thanksgiving?

OK, I just want to announce that I have officially launched a brand-new blog, and am so happy! It is called iRandom. Here is the deal: I post random things that I either find on the Internet or in real life. I either post pics, or ideas for something, or great recommendations for you guys to do, read, or write, or watch. IDK. Anything that pops into my head! I try to post 3 times a week, though lately it has been more of a daily thing instead. I can't wait to see you guys there! Please comment and follow this blog and iRandom and iWrite! Thanks so much!

iRandom

Also, on iWrite, I still am keeping it going, but I haven't been posting much lately for various reasons. I plan to do one on similes, one on metaphors, one on alliterations, and one on how to make your writing seem professional. So stay tuned for those! They will probably not be published today, but...please check tomorrow evening and for the rest of eternity :)

Also, I don't know if I have already mentioned this, but Caitlin Alifirenka, the author of I Will Always Write Back, a book I reviewed a while ago, posted my review of her and Martin's book on her Facebook page! Be sure to check it out, and give it a lot of likes!!!! So proud of this feat :)

https://www.facebook.com/iwillalwayswriteback/

Please go to the second post on the page. There you will see my post! So happy!!! Thanks so much, Caitlin! BIG SHOUTOUT TO YOU!!

OK, has this post been going on long enough??

Thanks for reading, please read more, and also Goodbye November :(, but Hello December :)!!!!

YAY HOLIDAYS...FUN.

Comments