The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde - UPDATED REVIEW

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde  Genre : Classics Blurb (on back of book) : Oscar Wilde’s only novel is the dreamlike story of a young man who sells his soul for eternal youth and beauty. In this celebrated work Wilde forged a devastating portrait of the effects of evil and debauchery on a young aesthete in late-19th-century England. Combining elements of the Gothic horror novel and decadent French fiction, the book centers on a striking premise: As Dorian Gray sinks into a life of crime and gross sensuality, his body retains perfect youth and vigor while his recently painted portrait grows day by day into a hideous record of evil, which he must keep hidden from the world. For over a century, this mesmerizing tale of horror and suspense has enjoyed wide popularity. It ranks as one of Wilde's most important creations and among the classic achievements of its kind. UPDATED REVIEW MY OPINION : ****** I would like to start out this review by stating that this is undoubtedly m

Works Cited for Images Used in October; Goodbye October; Hello November!

davidlevithan.com
-Every Day

fantasticfiction.co.uk
-My So-Called Family

www.marshall.edu
-The Outsiders

en.wikipedia.org
-Breaking Dawn

Wikia
-The Selection

Amazon.com
-The Elite

Macmillan
-If I Were You

Amazon.com
-The One

Amazon.com
-Under the Never Sky

Goodreads
-Through the Ever Night

Amazon.com
-To All the Boys I've Loved Before


So my goal for this month was 15-20, but I only read about 11 books. If you read my previous Works Cited post for September, you would know that I planned to count books over 400 pages as two books. Well, if I did that, I now have about 12 books, which still isn't at my goal.

I am going to make a new goal for November. This time, it is going to be realistic. I am going to read 14 books in November, and books that are over 300 pages are going to count as two books, and books that are over 600 pages, such as Stephenie Meyer's The Host, which I do plan to read, count as three books.

Anyways, not that that is done, I would like to say something to everyone:

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!

This is my first blog post on a holiday, so I had to give it a shout-out.

Anyways, I would also like to say something to my new followers. Thank you so much for reading and supporting iRead. I really appreciate the support :)

I have about 715 pageviews right now, and I want it to be about 1000 by the end of November! Let's try to do this! I really think that we can make it. And thank you to everyone who has already viewed my blog more than once. :)

Ok, now I will talk about some of my favorite books that I read this month that I have to give some acknowledgement to. Also, I need to give a shout-out to books that are coming out next month, especially one that officially comes out TOMORROW!!!!

Ok, Breaking Dawn. I finally finished the series this month, and it was really good. I know that the books are considered "old" nowadays, but I still enjoyed them, and judging from Goodreads, a lot of other people do too. I am happy to say that this series was amazing all the way through.

Next, The Selection series was just plain wonderful. I love it!!! Right now, I am reading the fourth book, and I am almost done. I am definitely planning on reading the fifth book. I just want to say that this is an enthralling series and something that all fantasy/romance lovers should read.

Lastly, I am going to talk about the Under the Never Sky series. I started this series maybe two or three weeks ago, and it has already sucked me in to an amazing wonderland of a literature world! I think that this book really deserves a special shout-out, and I am the one giving it. I think that this series is truly an original adventure, with realistic characters, and fantasy worlds.

I wish I could talk forever, but sadly, I have to stop. One thing I just HAVE to say is Lodestar, book 5 of the Keeper of the Lost Cities series, is coming out TOMORROW!!!! As most of you know by now, KOTLC is one my favorite series, and I know that many of you may agree. I don't care how old I am, I just have to read it!!!!!!!!!!!

Before I sum it up, I just want to say one thing. I posted today on To All the Boys I've Loved Before, but since I have to post this on the same day, I'm afraid no one is going to read the other one, so please read that ASAP!!! THANKS!

Ok, now, without further ado, please read, comment and say goodbye to October, and wave hello to NOVEMBER!!!! Also, Happy Halloween!

Thanks for reading, MIC....please comment!!!!!!!! Also, please look at my other blog, iWrite and follow, comment, and WRITE!!!!

iWrite




Comments