The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde - UPDATED REVIEW

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde  Genre : Classics Blurb (on back of book) : Oscar Wilde’s only novel is the dreamlike story of a young man who sells his soul for eternal youth and beauty. In this celebrated work Wilde forged a devastating portrait of the effects of evil and debauchery on a young aesthete in late-19th-century England. Combining elements of the Gothic horror novel and decadent French fiction, the book centers on a striking premise: As Dorian Gray sinks into a life of crime and gross sensuality, his body retains perfect youth and vigor while his recently painted portrait grows day by day into a hideous record of evil, which he must keep hidden from the world. For over a century, this mesmerizing tale of horror and suspense has enjoyed wide popularity. It ranks as one of Wilde's most important creations and among the classic achievements of its kind. UPDATED REVIEW MY OPINION : ****** I would like to start out this review by stating that this is undoubtedly m

Works Cited for Images Used in August; Goodbye August; Hello September!

www.amazon.com
-Keeper of the Lost Cities

www.amazon.com
-Dog Beach Unleashed

www.amazon.com
-Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (Parts 1 & 2)

en.wikipedia.org
-Twilight

ramblingsofawannabescribe.blogspot.com
-Keeper of the Lost Cities: Exile

Amazon.com
-New Moon

I can't believe this month and this summer has just flown by! Time is going by just too fast and it is too hard for me to keep up! I have read so much during the summer, and I will continue to read and review during the rest of the year. Sorry if the posts become shorter and less often: I will be super busy during the year! Don't worry, I will try to find the time, and I will continue to read! Like always, if you have any requests for me to read/review, please comment below!
Which post did you enjoy the most this month? Please comment below and let me know!
I have added many features to my blog both this month and last month. I don't think I ever listed them all, so please read on:

1) I added a text box on the right side of my blog. It is basically just a note about reading!
2) I added a search bar right underneath the text box to search my blog!
3) I added a list of my most popular posts for easy access! Please read and comment! ;)
4) I moved my blog archive to below my popular posts!
5) I moved my "all about me" to below the popular posts list! Please read and view my profile!
6) I added a "follow by email" feature! If you would like to receive my posts by email instead of having to check my blog, please feel free to add your email there.
7) I added a featured post gadget, which basically shows any post of my choosing for easy access. I change these every two weeks or so.
8) I added an image with a quote: please read!
9) I added a list of my favorite books! This is sure to change as my reading evolves, so please check it whenever you like!
10) On the bottom of my blog, I added a gadget that shows how many views I have had on my blog! Right now, it is very low, so please visit as much as you would like!
11) I added a list of blogs that I like to check, so please feel free to check them if you like!
12) Lastly, I added a gadget on top of my blog showing other websites that I currently have! Please feel free to check them out!

I have taken away the link to my last works cited post, but it is still available in my archives!

I just started a new blog during the month called iWrite! I hope you like it!

www.iwrite2016.blogspot.com

*This does not mean that I will not continue to update iRead.

**If you have any ideas for a new blog for me to start, please comment below!

I hope you all had a good summer! I feel sad to say goodbye to this month of August, but I can brighten up again when I can say hi to September!!!!

*Please comment!!! Thanks, MIC ;)

** ramblingsofawannabescribe.blogspot.com is Shannon Messenger's blog for all you fans of KOTLC and the Let the Sky Fall series!!!! Thanks, MIC :)

***Please excuse my not blogging lately! This is my slowest month of blogging! I will try to do better next month!

Comments