The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde - UPDATED REVIEW

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde  Genre : Classics Blurb (on back of book) : Oscar Wilde’s only novel is the dreamlike story of a young man who sells his soul for eternal youth and beauty. In this celebrated work Wilde forged a devastating portrait of the effects of evil and debauchery on a young aesthete in late-19th-century England. Combining elements of the Gothic horror novel and decadent French fiction, the book centers on a striking premise: As Dorian Gray sinks into a life of crime and gross sensuality, his body retains perfect youth and vigor while his recently painted portrait grows day by day into a hideous record of evil, which he must keep hidden from the world. For over a century, this mesmerizing tale of horror and suspense has enjoyed wide popularity. It ranks as one of Wilde's most important creations and among the classic achievements of its kind. UPDATED REVIEW MY OPINION : ****** I would like to start out this review by stating that this is undoubtedly m

New Moon - Stephenie Meyer

New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
Genre: YA Fantasy/Romance

Image result for new moon bookBlurb (on back of book): I felt like I was trapped in one of those terrifying nightmares, the one where you have to run, run till your lungs burst, but you can't make your body go fast enough...But this was no dream, and, unlike the nightmare, I wasn't running for my life; I was racing to save something infinitely more precious. My own life meant little to me today. 



For Bella Swan, there is one thing more important than life itself: Edward Cullen. But being in love with a vampire is even more dangerous than Bella ever could have imagined. Edward has already rescued Bella from the clutches of one evil vampire, but now, as their daring relationship threatens all that is near and dear to them, they realize their troubles may be just beginning.
Legions of readers entranced by the New York Times bestseller Twilight are hungry for the continuing story of star-crossed lovers Bella and Edward. In New Moon, Stephenie Meyer delivers another irresistible combination of romance and suspense with a supernatural spin. Passionate, riveting, and full of surprising twists and turns, this vampire love saga is well on its way to literary immortality.

MY OPINION: *****

First of all, I am so sorry for not posting lately! I have been reading a lot of books, but they are rather long and are taking me longer than normal. Also, my schedule is super busy, so once again, sorry!!!

Now, back to the book!

I loved this book, though I do like the first book of the series, Twilight, a bit better.

SPOILER!!!

This book really had good characters! I love Bella, Edward, Jacob, and Alice! (Please comment below to tell me who your favorite character is). Bella is a really strong female role model for all teen girls. She is very determined and brave, though her luck takes her to really trying places. I also like how Bella becomes a very strong person towards the end, using her determination as fuel to save Edward.

Edward is also a good role model, but obviously for teenage boys! He is strong, handsome, and brave, although he does stupid things out of love. Edward is an interesting character through and through, and is you read my first review on this series, he as a lot of mood swings, though I have learned to keep up with them better now.

Jacob is my favorite character. I can understand exactly how he feels about Bella, Edward, and the rest of the characters. Jacob is such an interesting character, and he makes readers enjoy reading the scenes in which depict him. 

Alice is another good character, because she is enthusiastic, funny, and smart. She is also determined, and she has a very complicated character. I like Alice because she is interesting and brave. 

Overall, I would recommend this book to mature teenage girls, and even pre-teens.

Main Character: Bella Swan
Sidekick(s): Edward Cullen, Alice, Rosalie, Jasper, Carlisle, Esme, Jacob, etc
Villain(s): Victoria, etc
Fantasy/Romance Elements: Unreal characters, unreal creatures. Edward and Bella have a romantic relationship, along with other character couples.

*Please visit my other blog, iWrite! I plan to start another blog soon, so please comment below about what you want it to be based on, though I already have an idea :)

**For all of you who get emails from iRead, if you want to comment, I am pretty sure you have to go to the actual website. :( I hope they change that soon, so sorry for any problems!


Comments