The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde - UPDATED REVIEW

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde  Genre : Classics Blurb (on back of book) : Oscar Wilde’s only novel is the dreamlike story of a young man who sells his soul for eternal youth and beauty. In this celebrated work Wilde forged a devastating portrait of the effects of evil and debauchery on a young aesthete in late-19th-century England. Combining elements of the Gothic horror novel and decadent French fiction, the book centers on a striking premise: As Dorian Gray sinks into a life of crime and gross sensuality, his body retains perfect youth and vigor while his recently painted portrait grows day by day into a hideous record of evil, which he must keep hidden from the world. For over a century, this mesmerizing tale of horror and suspense has enjoyed wide popularity. It ranks as one of Wilde's most important creations and among the classic achievements of its kind. UPDATED REVIEW MY OPINION : ****** I would like to start out this review by stating that this is undoubtedly m

My Favorite Books of 2019

I know this is late but it completely slipped my mind that this is, in fact, something that I do. I'm only going to do a few books this year!

********

ROMANCE:

Love & Gelato - *****
my review

Anna and the French Kiss - *****
my review

Isla and the Happily Ever After - *****
my review

Beautiful Disaster - *****
my review

After - *****
my review

A Very Large Expanse of Sea - ******
my review

After Ever Happy - *****
my review

The Summer I Turned Pretty - ******
my review

It's Not Summer Without You - ******
my review

We'll Always Have Summer - ******
my review

What I Thought was True - *****
my review


REALISTIC FICTION:

Fangirl - *****
my review

Picture Us in the Light - ******
my review

You in Five Acts - *****
my review

Like a Love Story - ******
my review

Emily of New Moon - ******
my review


FANTASY:

Lord of Shadows - *****
my review

Queen of Air and Darkness - *****
my review

A Court of Thorns and Roses - *****
my review

A Court of Mist and Fury - *****
my review


MEMOIR:

Educated - *****
my review


******************

So that's my final list! 2019 was not the best year of reading for me but I found some amazing books. My favorite of the whole year was probably Like a Love Story because it was just so beautiful.

Hope you enjoyed!
Malayna

Comments