The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde - UPDATED REVIEW

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde  Genre : Classics Blurb (on back of book) : Oscar Wilde’s only novel is the dreamlike story of a young man who sells his soul for eternal youth and beauty. In this celebrated work Wilde forged a devastating portrait of the effects of evil and debauchery on a young aesthete in late-19th-century England. Combining elements of the Gothic horror novel and decadent French fiction, the book centers on a striking premise: As Dorian Gray sinks into a life of crime and gross sensuality, his body retains perfect youth and vigor while his recently painted portrait grows day by day into a hideous record of evil, which he must keep hidden from the world. For over a century, this mesmerizing tale of horror and suspense has enjoyed wide popularity. It ranks as one of Wilde's most important creations and among the classic achievements of its kind. UPDATED REVIEW MY OPINION : ****** I would like to start out this review by stating that this is undoubtedly m

PS I Still Love You - Jenny Han

PS I Still Love You by Jenny Han
Genre: YA Realistic Fiction

Blurb (on back of book)Lara Jean didn’t expect to really fall for Peter.
Image result for ps i still love youShe and Peter were just pretending. Except suddenly they weren’t. Now Lara Jean is more confused than ever.
When another boy from her past returns to her life, Lara Jean’s feelings for him return too. Can a girl be in love with two boys at once?
In this charming and heartfelt sequel to the New York Times bestseller To All the Boys I've Loved Before, we see first love through the eyes of the unforgettable Lara Jean. Love is never easy, but maybe that’s part of what makes it so amazing.

MY OPINION: ******

I absolutely love this book! I think that the first time I read it, I only rated it five stars, but when rereading it, I bumped it up to a beautiful shining six-stars!

So many things happened in this book!

First off, Peter and Lara Jean get back together in the beginning of the book. I loved how it all started out, what with the glimpses of Korean culture. Culture and traditions and diversity make a book so much better and it's so rare that we see Asian culture.

Anyways, Lara Jean's letter to Peter was so scrumptious and cutesy and romantic and I just loved it! I'm so glad Peter got to read it because his reaction was priceless and it basically helped them to get back together.

I think that Lara Jean matured a lot from the first book. I think that since Margot is gone, she has had to grow up faster in order to support her dad and her little sister, Kitty. She also is more supportive of her boyfriend and she tries to please the people around her. She knows that change has to happen at some point, but she hates change.

Margot still was slightly annoying to me because I think she was too overprotective and commanding. She should have just let Lara Jean be herself and love the people she loves, etc. However, I think that she did a good job of playing a mother figure since Lara Jean's mother passed away.

I still loved Kitty, though she was a little bossy. However, it wasn't irritating like with Margot but instead was hilarious and rather cute. She makes and keeps such strong relationships with her sisters and her father and Peter and Josh and Trina, the next door neighbor who she sets up with her father.

Peter, as always, was my favorite character. He's sweet, he's loyal, he's amazingly awesome. He's the perfect boyfriend. He's also not a cheater like Jeremiah from Jenny Han's other books, and instead he's being a good friend to Gen.

I still did not like Gen. Yes, maybe she was going through some problems but that doesn't mean that she has to act like a "witch with a b" as Kitty put it.

I would recommend this book to readers looking for a light read!

Main Character: Lara Jean
Sidekick(s): Peter, Kitty, Margot, etc
Villain(s): Misunderstanding, Gen, etc
Realistic Fiction Elements: This was all very real to life.

Comments