The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde - UPDATED REVIEW

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde  Genre : Classics Blurb (on back of book) : Oscar Wilde’s only novel is the dreamlike story of a young man who sells his soul for eternal youth and beauty. In this celebrated work Wilde forged a devastating portrait of the effects of evil and debauchery on a young aesthete in late-19th-century England. Combining elements of the Gothic horror novel and decadent French fiction, the book centers on a striking premise: As Dorian Gray sinks into a life of crime and gross sensuality, his body retains perfect youth and vigor while his recently painted portrait grows day by day into a hideous record of evil, which he must keep hidden from the world. For over a century, this mesmerizing tale of horror and suspense has enjoyed wide popularity. It ranks as one of Wilde's most important creations and among the classic achievements of its kind. UPDATED REVIEW MY OPINION : ****** I would like to start out this review by stating that this is undoubtedly m

My Favorite Books of 2017

This is also copied from my Goodreads as it was last year so... bear with me. I did find a way to get rid of the white though I'm not GOING to since it won't be uniform as of last year and it would take WAYY too long and I have school tomorrow (blargh)

Check out my last year's post and see how it compared! My Favs of 2016

YES 2017 is a FIVE stars when it comes to reading!!!

I distantly remember doing this last year... I also remember it taking me FOREVER. But I'm going to strive to make it similar enough so that I can compare my less-than-two-years on Goodreads :D

I read 115 books this year and I'm quite proud, though I DO feel as if I could have done better.

Well... let's talk about 2017 on Goodreads.

I always split up my favorite books by genre so here we go!

BY THE WAY, these are my favorite books that I read in 2017, NOT my favorites published in 2017, though some ARE from this year :D

Some books may fit more than one category so I'll put it in the best category :D

***********

ROMANCE
Say What You Will
The Book of Broken Hearts
To All the Boys I've Loved Before
P.S. I Still Love You
Always and Forever, Lara Jean
When We Collided
26 Kisses
Paper or Plastic
The Queen of Bright and Shiny Things
The International Kissing Club
Breathe, Annie, Breathe
The Trouble with Flirting
Wrong About the Guy
Alex, Approximately
The Summer I Turned Pretty
It's Not Summer Without You
We'll Always Have Summer
Anna and the French Kiss
Lola and the Boy Next Door
Isla and the Happily Ever After
You and Me and Him
The Start of Me and You
The Season of You & Me
Beautiful Disaster
Perfect Chemistry
Tell Me Three Things
I always have the MOST books in Romance by far, though Realistic Fiction is a close second :D

*************
REALISTIC FICTION
Fangirl
A List of Cages
Everything, Everything
All the Bright Places
I'll Give You the Sun
The Problem with Forever
An Abundance of Katherines
Thirteen Reasons Why
Life by Committee
The Hate U Give
The Upside of Unrequited
Eliza and Her Monsters
Things I Should Have Known
History Is All You Left Me
Dear Martin
More Happy Than Not
Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe
They Both Die at the End
Wow so that list went on a lot longer than I thought! I tried to only pick my favorites but there were SO many!

*************
REALISTIC FICTION WITH A TWIST
Burn for Burn
Fire with Fire
Ashes to Ashes
If I Stay
Where She Went
We Were Liars
Bone Gap
So yeah! I don't really have a REAL definition but these are books that are realistic fiction but with a couple of "twists"!

*************
FANTASY
Clockwork Angel
Clockwork Prince
Clockwork Princess
City of Bones
City of Ashes
City of Glass
City of Fallen Angels
City of Lost Souls
City of Heavenly Fire
Shatter Me
Unravel Me
Ignite Me
Keeper of the Lost Cities
Exile
Everblaze
Neverseen
It looks like a lot, but it really wasn't. I just read a lot of series :D

*************
DYSTOPIAN
Divergent
Animal Farm
Not many there...

*************
CLASSICS
Emily of New Moon
Nope, not too many at all :D

*************
SAD
The Last Time We Say Goodbye
The Book of Broken Hearts
I Was Here
My Sister's Keeper
Sad books come from everywhere but I put most of them in their real genres :D

*************
NONFICTION
Positive: A Memoir
Being Jazz
Those two were both amazing!!

*************
POETRY
Long Way Down
I've only read ONE book this year in the poetry... only read ONE in my whole life! But I plan to start reading more because that was an amazing story!

*************
MYSTERY/SCI-FI
Doomed
All Our Yesterdays
The Moon Dwellers
Shelter
Among the Hidden
These were all pretty good!

*************

So that is it! NOW it is time for my top 10!

Whew, this is going to be SO hard.
I can feel it already.
Sigh..
I'm going to cheat a little and count series as ONE book :D I can't decide, okay?? And I'm not going to count book from my LAST year top ten if I reread them so that... I don't know, I'll have more room?

1) The Hate U Give
2) A List of Cages
3) The Summer I Turned Pretty (SERIES)
4) They Both Die at the End
5) Alex, Approximately
6) Clockwork Angel (SERIES)
7) The Start of Me and You
8) Anna and the French Kiss (SERIES)
9) The Problem with Forever
10) Beautiful Disaster

There were SO many other books that I loved so much and I cried every time I couldn't fit something but those are my top ten! PLEASE LIKE AND COMMENT AND REMEMBER THAT THIS WHOLE THING TOOK ME TWO HOURS. HAPPY 2018!!!!!!!!!!

Comments