The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde - UPDATED REVIEW

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde  Genre : Classics Blurb (on back of book) : Oscar Wilde’s only novel is the dreamlike story of a young man who sells his soul for eternal youth and beauty. In this celebrated work Wilde forged a devastating portrait of the effects of evil and debauchery on a young aesthete in late-19th-century England. Combining elements of the Gothic horror novel and decadent French fiction, the book centers on a striking premise: As Dorian Gray sinks into a life of crime and gross sensuality, his body retains perfect youth and vigor while his recently painted portrait grows day by day into a hideous record of evil, which he must keep hidden from the world. For over a century, this mesmerizing tale of horror and suspense has enjoyed wide popularity. It ranks as one of Wilde's most important creations and among the classic achievements of its kind. UPDATED REVIEW MY OPINION : ****** I would like to start out this review by stating that this is undoubtedly m

How to Ruin My Teenage Life - Simone Elkeles

How to Ruin My Teenage Life by Simone Elkeles
Genre: YA Realistic Fiction
See the source image
Blurb (on back of book): In this sequel to How to Ruin a Summer Vacation, EVERYTHING in sixteen-year-old Amy Nelson Barak's life is going wrong! Her mom got married and moved to the suburbs, and now they are going to have a baby. Amy moves in with her dad in Chicago and signs him up for an online dating service. His first four dates are that night . . .
What else? Her dog Mutt impregnated her grumpy neighbor's prized poodle, so Amy will actually have to get a part-time job to pay for half the veterinary bill. And there's this totally annoying boy, Nathan Rubin, who just moved into her apartment building. Luckily, Amy has a cute boyfriend named Avi. Only he's more like a non-boyfriend considering Avi is in the Israeli army for the next three years.
What's a girl to do when everyone is conspiring to ruin her life?

MY OPINION: *****

Yay my last book of January! I read 11 books so far this year, which is SO far off from my goal that it makes me sad. But I'm getting there, slowly and surely.

I really enjoyed reading this book! I just reviewed the first book here yesterday so go ahead and check that out as soon as you're done with this one...

I thought that this book was interesting as always though I did not like it as much as the first book. WHAT HAPPENED TO AVI I do not even know. In this book, their entire relationship and meeting was HORRIBLE and I thought it seemed FORCED and AWKWARD and it made me literally SAD. I read this last night for fun along with my book club book for school.

Nathan's character seriously annoyed me. Like, what was he doing in this book? He was RUDE and MEAN and I disliked him. Well, I mean by the end, I liked him well enough because if they're just friends then it made me happy. And he was dorky and dorky is cute. I don't know what I just said.

Mitch is still a jerk and I've hated him since the first book. His explanation as to why to break up with people was actually hilarious, it was so mean.

Jessica still kind of annoyed me but I thought that she was a pretty good friend. I kind of wish that Amy was still in Israel because that was actually pretty fun!

I know that this review was insanely short but I'm behind and I'm doing this when I'm supposed to be doing homework so...

I would recommend this book to people who are looking for a light, short, and funny read.

Main Character: Amy
Sidekick(s): Avi, Jessica, Nathan, etc
Villain(s): Life, etc
Realistic Fiction Elements: This book was very real to life.

Comments