The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde - UPDATED REVIEW

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde  Genre : Classics Blurb (on back of book) : Oscar Wilde’s only novel is the dreamlike story of a young man who sells his soul for eternal youth and beauty. In this celebrated work Wilde forged a devastating portrait of the effects of evil and debauchery on a young aesthete in late-19th-century England. Combining elements of the Gothic horror novel and decadent French fiction, the book centers on a striking premise: As Dorian Gray sinks into a life of crime and gross sensuality, his body retains perfect youth and vigor while his recently painted portrait grows day by day into a hideous record of evil, which he must keep hidden from the world. For over a century, this mesmerizing tale of horror and suspense has enjoyed wide popularity. It ranks as one of Wilde's most important creations and among the classic achievements of its kind. UPDATED REVIEW MY OPINION : ****** I would like to start out this review by stating that this is undoubtedly m

Keeper of the Lost Cities: Exile - Shannon Messenger - UPDATED VERSION

Keeper of the Lost Cities: Exile by Shannon Messenger
Genre: J Fantasy

Image result for keeper of the lost cities exileBlurb (on back of book): Sophie Foster thought she was safe. Settled into her home at Havenfield, surrounded by friends, and using her unique telepathic abilities to train Silveny--the first female alicorn ever seen in the Lost Cities--her life finally seems to be coming together. 
But Sophie's kidnappers are still out there. And when Sophie discovers new messages and clues from the mysterious Black Swan group, she’s forced to take a terrifying risk—one that puts everyone in incredible danger. 
As long buried secrets rise to the surface, it’s once again up to Sophie to uncover hidden memories—before someone close to her is lost forever. 
In this second book in the Keeper of the Lost Cities series, Sophie must journey to the darkest corners of her luminous world in a sequel that will leave you breathless for more. 

MY OPINION: *****

So I really loved this book (again). The characters never cease to make me smile, especially Keefe (duh) ;) I really hated how Fitz was such a jerk in this book but the ENDING made me so happy!

My whole book is FULL of flags because like I said, I've been keeping track of all my favorite ships (plus really cute moments that I just have to save) and now my book is multicolored and beautiful. Sadly, there were only SEVEN Sophitz moments in this book... I guess y'all know who I ship already.

Here is the TOTAL tally of BOTH books:

Sophitz: 16
Sodex: 13 (WHAT???)
Sokeefe: 6 (Well, okay then)

So SOPHITZ is winning YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY

I wish I could put in a GIF but I don't know how! Can someone HELP me??

ANYWAYS, let's talk about the book.

So I'm rereading the whole series to REFRESH for Nightfall, which I JUST got the other day and am in LOVE with. Anyways, the last time I read this series was last year so there is a TON I've forgotten, what with the 100 books I've read since.

These books are so amazing and I can't even tell you why exactly. It's the humor and the sarcasm and the plot all in one and I love it.

ALSO THERE IS A SODEX KISS IN NIGHTFALL WHAT

Each of these books have a LOTTT jampacked into them and there's way too much information to retain in just one read. I'll probably read it again next year for the last book :( and still learn new things or catch things I didn't before.

Fitz is obviously still my favorite character in the series but in my defense, I seriously love him. Even though he wasn't the best in this book, I think he's amazing. He's smart and kind and brave and a great friend (and maybe a great boyfriend, idk), and (okay, let's face it) HOT. ^^

Keefe is hilarious and always lightens the mood, which I appreciate. I also love his bravery and sense of humor and I think he's a great FRIEND. Sorry, Sokeefesters, I don't agree.

Dex. I'm not gonna even talk about him I just can't nope I can't handle Dex AT ALL and I'm just not gonna try. Everyone says they LOVE Dex and he's adorable but GET A CLUE SHE DOES NOT LIKE YOU OMG

Biana is a great friend and I wish I had a friend like her, willing to talk about guys and give makeovers and also always be there when I need her.

Grady and Edaline still slightly annoy me. Grady is SO OVERPROTECTIVE and STUBBORN and it makes me angry. Edaline is too WEAK and FRAGILE to even talk about so let's not.

I LOVE THE TELEPATHY SESSIONS I JUST CANNOT

Anyways, I would recommend this book (as always) to everyone!

Main Character: Sophie
Sidekick(s): Fitz, Keefe, Dex, Biana, Jensi, Marella, etc
Villain(s): VALIN'S SOPPY GOOEY LOVE NOTES, The Unknown Figures, etc
Fantasy Elements: This book was all fanatic.

Comments