The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde - UPDATED REVIEW

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde  Genre : Classics Blurb (on back of book) : Oscar Wilde’s only novel is the dreamlike story of a young man who sells his soul for eternal youth and beauty. In this celebrated work Wilde forged a devastating portrait of the effects of evil and debauchery on a young aesthete in late-19th-century England. Combining elements of the Gothic horror novel and decadent French fiction, the book centers on a striking premise: As Dorian Gray sinks into a life of crime and gross sensuality, his body retains perfect youth and vigor while his recently painted portrait grows day by day into a hideous record of evil, which he must keep hidden from the world. For over a century, this mesmerizing tale of horror and suspense has enjoyed wide popularity. It ranks as one of Wilde's most important creations and among the classic achievements of its kind. UPDATED REVIEW MY OPINION : ****** I would like to start out this review by stating that this is undoubtedly m

Keeper of the Lost Cities: Everblaze - Shannon Messenger - UPDATED VERSION

Keeper of the Lost Cities: Everblaze by Shannon Messenger
Genre: J Fantasy

Image result for keeper of the lost cities everblazeBlurb (on back of book): Sophie Foster is ready to fight back.
Her talents are getting stronger, and with the elusive Black Swan group ignoring her calls for help, she’s determined to find her kidnappers—before they come after her again. 
But a daring mistake leaves her world teetering on the edge of war, and causes many to fear that she has finally gone too far. And the deeper Sophie searches, the farther the conspiracy stretches, proving that her most dangerous enemy might be closer than she realizes. 
In this nail-biting third book in the Keeper of the Lost Cities series, Sophie must fight the flames of rebellion, before they destroy everyone and everything she loves. 

MY OPINION: *****

I sincerely love this series, no matter how middle-grade it is.

WHAT this book only has 470 reviews?? We need to advertise this book a LOT! It's seriously amazing and something every kid should read sometime in their lifetime.

It's not that it's deep or personal or has a really strong message. It's just a really good book with lots of plot twists, adventure, friendship, and growing up.

ANYWAYS, on with the review!

SO I have read this book about two years ago, as well as last year, and this year I'm reading it again! I'm sure that next year will be another time to read the series as BOOK SEVEN will be coming out around this time!

If you guys HAVE NOT read my most recent reviews of the first two books, then this will be news to you. If you HAVE read my most recent reviews (aww thanks you guys are amazing) then go ahead and skip ahead to the final count. ANYWAYS, I have been tracking the number of Sophitz, Sokeefe, and Sodex moments, though I do plan to add other ships should I find any evidence. The final tally after this book is:

Sophitz: 23
Sokeefe: 10
Sodex: 15

AS WE CAN SEE, SOPHITZ IS STILL WINNING BY A LOT :D :D :D

#sophitzshipperinthemidst

ANYWAYS, there WERE a lot more Sokeefe tags in this book :\ I'll let you guys stew on that.

AND for those of you who have read Nightfall already, PLEASE note that Sodex died. It sunk. I'm sorry Sodex shippers. AND NO I have not read the book but I LOVE spoilers and I have heard quite a few...

Let's talk about the characters.

I always find these reviews the most fun because it's easy to find things to talk about. Huh... maybe I do like middle-grade better than I thought.

Sophie. I do enjoy reading from her point of view, though I would appreciate if it was MULTI-PERSPECTIVE (how cool would that be, reading from Fitz or Keefe's POV??!) though Sophie IS kind of hilarious. Her thoughts are rambling (like mine) and I find that she is very perceptive. She's also determined, brave, courageous, loyal, worrisome, and kind. She always wants to protect her friends and family above all else, even if means breaking the law or doing the wrong thing to do so.

Fitz. I loved him so much (as usual). I loved him EVEN more this book than the first book, because HE WASN'T a total JERK this time around, seeing as Sophie hadn't done anything (well... not that much) wrong. Fitz is so sweet and he's also a great friend, though he's kind of oblivious and sometimes gives a girl false hopes (including me) THOUGH MAYBE IT IS INTENTIONAL AND HE LIKES SOPHIE?! Hmm... gotta stew more on that one.

Keefe. I loved Keefe though I DO NOT SHIP HIM WITH SOPHIE, only because he's too... lighthearted, if that makes any sense. I LOVE the positivity but Sophie needs to be with more of a serious guy, the one who's going to listen to her and not try to crack a joke. I DO KNOW that he gets a LOT more serious in the upcoming books, but still... Keefe was hilarious, as usual, and his lightening the mood action really did help a lot of the time. But still... not the guy for Sophie, if ya know what I mean.

Dex. All my life, I've harbored a secret... dislike of Dex. Is that just me? I mean, he's a great friend and all but honestly, he's WAY too desperate and obvious (please don't hate me now). And his wanting to prove himself really annoyed me because why make a weapon for a reputation when you have your friends to think about? Dex DOES do some really cute things (Iggy, the ring, etc).

Biana was just the same as usual. I always forget that Biana isn't as close to Sophie yet, though it's definitely getting warmer, seeing as she's part of the team. But we cannot forget their rocky beginning. And the initiation of their friendship. Though Biana WOULD be perfect with Keefe AT SOME POINTS: they're both happy and willing to think about things in an optimistic sense while the others think about things in a literal sense.

BTW for those of you who were asking, here are my SHIPS! (ONLY READ IF YOU HAVE READ NEVERSEEN AND ABOVE--THERE ARE SOME DIFFERENT CHARACTERS)

SophieXFitz=Sophitz (obvs)
BianaXTam=Bam?
KeefeXLinh=Kinh??
TamXMarella=Tarella?

IF THOSE DO NOT WORK OUT (WHICH I AM SURE A LOT OF THEM WILL NOT, HERE IS MY OTHER VERSION THAT I AM SURE A LOT OF SOPHITZ SHIPPERS WILL HATE ME FOR)

SophieXKeefe=Sokeefe (though I do not REALLY like this ship but she cannot be with Tam so that leaves me no choice)
FitzXLinh=Finh (please don't hate me, it's kinda cute)
DexXMarella=Darella? (eh, I don't really think about Dex that much and neither do I think about Marella so why not)
TamXBiana=Bam (I STILL LOVE THIS SHIP)


SO yeah, that about wraps it up! I would recommend this book to kids who are looking for a long adventurous novel that is age-appropriate and genuinely funny.

Main Character: Sophie
Sidekick(s): Fitz, Dex, Biana, Keefe, etc
Villain(s): Neverseen, Stina, Council, etc
Fantasy Elements: This book has fanatic creatures, settings, characters, etc

Comments